You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: SLASH Planning Solo Album

James wrote:

If Slash picks the right people to participate in this project, it could easily blow minds.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Awesome..i'm pumped for some more Slash Solo stuff...i think some of his best playing can be found on the  snakepit records....

Also..its interesting if he gets more than one singer. As the other records had a bit of a "love it or hate it" choices of singer...so with a variety there might be something for everyone....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think a Slash album a la Santana would be awesome.  I'd buy it in a second.

I agree. It's the No 1 on my wish list. 21

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

actually I'd like to see him collaborate with Izzy more.   I think if Izzy was writing songs with him, I think theres huge potential for strong material.   I doubt it wuld happen, but it would be cool.  I was bummed out when Izzy left VR before they were VR.

Damn straight. Those 2 are one of the best guitar teams in the history of rock. On their own it's so so, but as a team...fuckin' a. Too bad Slash never really clicked with the guy. Could have made a bunch of cool stuff together.

Either way this will be interesting to say the least. Finally he will be solely responsible for the material. There will be no excuses this time.

Is Axl showing up on a track too far fetched?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If Axl was to work with Slash, I would think he would only do it as part of Guns N' Roses.

polluxlm wrote:

very much so tea.gif

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That's very cool news. Slash with a various collection of singers and songwriters could produce something much better than Libertad or CB.

Here's hoping he calls up Rob Thomas! Although might make the Santana comparisons to real...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

very much so http://www.misterspunky.com/faces/tea.gif

Not really, although I agree with you that its not going to happen. The two worked together(although separately) on the song Anxious Disease back in the mid 90's. Its the last song the two have been on, and it wasn't a GNR album.

Here's hoping he calls up Rob Thomas! Although might make the Santana comparisons to real...

Its possible, although I don't think I've ever seen either artist mention the other before.

They could cover Smooth and make it the 1st single.:haha:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Awesome, definately an album to look forward to in 08. Seriously doubt we'd see Axl on it, for obvious reasons, also the media and public would demand a GNR record if they were to collaberate, it would overshadow everything else.

It'll be interesting to see who he does get to sing on this.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If Slash picks the right people to participate in this project, it could easily blow minds.

Like Buckethead?

Now that would really be a great record.  3

Board footer