You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: How much Buckethead material do you have?

Will wrote:

I only have 'Monsters and Robots' and 'Colma' (legally). I have a few others downloaded but havent listened to them yet, grabbed them all from here ages ago wink

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Got most of the stuff he's released with the exception of Bermuda Triangle, Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse, Funnel Weaver, both Bucketheadlands and Skinpiles.

James, Skinpiles is perhaps the worst one you could have listened to first. It's basically a bunch of short riffs and loops for DJs to use.

Shin Terai's Unison is a good one to get. Usually not available on torrents.

Travis' stuff--Thanatopsis and the Noodles Cds, plus Dragons of Eden--are among Bucket's best.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Noodles is amazing. Had no idea it was up there in quality with Colma and Electric Tears. That was a buried treasure that surprised me. I almost didn't get it as I cherry picked albums from that torrent. Didn't like Bucketheadland when I first heard it a few years ago as its mainly random shred shit, but decided to give it(and vol. 2) a fresh listen. Didn't get Bermuda, and I guess that initial instinct paid off. Didn't see Funnel Weaver. That torrent didn't have Dragons of Eden either.

Never heard of Unison.

Blueprints is cool even though the quality is pretty bad. It has Pure Imagination like how he plays it live.

After hearing all this stuff, I might be able to post a bit more at tk. That was another reason I should have downloaded all this stuff years ago. Been a member there for ages, but they were always talking about music I hadn't heard.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

The only Bh album I've been able to find in stores is Electric Tears... so that's all I own via purchasing.

But I have:

Colma
Elephant Man's Alarm Clock
Bucketheadland
Giant Robot NTT
Giant Robot
Acoustic Shards
Crime Slunk Scene
Cuckoo Clocks of Hell
Population Override

And I'm currently downloading A Real Diamond in the Rough.   I know it may be a leap of my imagination... but Avenged Sevenfold came out with an album of b-sides called A Diamond in the Rough...  and I would like to know if Bh has heard any of their stuff or heard of that album and realized it wasn't at all what it's name entailed and decided to do it better... 16

I'm probably just way too tired to be posting.  16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've never in my life seen a Buckethead album in a store, unless you consider Chinese Democracy. Believe me, i've looked...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've never in my life seen a Buckethead album in a store, unless you consider Chinese Democracy. Believe me, i've looked...

I was amazed when I found that one.  Usually stored don't even have a Bh section.   So when I saw it my first instinct was to buy it.

I don't have any Buckethead stuff,I downloaded a few songs a couple of years ago,I just could never get into his stuff,maybe I'll check some of his stuff out again,any ideas on what I should check out?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Ok I've got:
Albino Slug
Crime Slunk Scene
Decoding The Tomb of Bansheebot
Electric Tears
Enter The Chicken
Giant Robot
Pepper's Ghost (one of my favorites)
Population Override
A Real Diamond In The Rough
Slaughterhouse on the Prairie
The Dragons of Eden
and a bunch of Thanatopsis stuff
I plan on buying a few of those cds seeing as I discovered my local record store stocks Bucket stuff a few cds at a time.

Oh and that Frankenstein Bros. thing he did with That One Guy

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

I don't have any Buckethead stuff,I downloaded a few songs a couple of years ago,I just could never get into his stuff,maybe I'll check some of his stuff out again,any ideas on what I should check out?

Well I would recomend Colma, A Real Diamond In The Rough, and Enter The Chicken for starters. Oh and Dragons Of Eden stuff is amazing too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

A Real Diamond in the Rough is dedicated to his legal rep Stan Diamond.(Big D's Touch) There's speculation that Stan got him out of something big (KFC lawsuit? Hence the new white bucket) or negotiated something huge for him (GNR anyone?) to earn an entire album of honor.

I live in Chicago, so I've seen much more Bucket in stores: Giant Robot, Monsters and Robots, Colma, Electric Tears, Population Override, Bucketheadland II, Enter the Chicken, basically the CDs released on real labels.

James, you should check out Dragons of Eden for sure, like Thanatopsis but with Brain on drums. Also Running After Deer, as long as you don't mind a few samples.

I also have Death Cube K's Dreamatorium and Disembodied. Only get those if you are into ambient. Or Devil Dub if you like dub music, or Shin.e's Light Years for more meditative, new agish stuff.

Board footer