You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash on Axls Remake of Appetite for Destruction for 25th Anniversary

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AL!VE
 Rep: -1 

AL!VE wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I've always wondered about this. I wonder if it would feature the "helium voice" or not?

i think not in Sweet Child 1999 he has a raspy voice

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
AL!VE wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I've always wondered about this. I wonder if it would feature the "helium voice" or not?

i think not in Sweet Child 1999 he has a raspy voice

Pro-Tools!!!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

We'll never get to hear the rest of it anyway. I personally think that it was done for touring purposes and rehearsals.

Yep. I'm pretty sure Axl covered this topic in either the chats or one of his few interviews late 08/early 09. Amazing that this is even a topic again. He pretty much shut the door on this already.

Its not coming out, doesn't need to come out, and if Uni is dumb enough to ever attempt to announce a release date, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and other credited writers(Arkeen's estate?) will have both Axl and UMG in a courtroom in three shakes of a lamb's tail.

Buzz, it was definitely recorded before the Bucket era. I have little interest in a Finck/Tobias line up, and would only be worth a listen for shits and giggles.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It would be absolutely BEAUTIFUL if Slash actually said that. 14

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

But James! Weren't Fortus and Tobias totally vindicated when CD came out?? At least I heard that was supposed to occur....

Actually, Tobias did show that he played a pretty good role in the making of the record. Axl even mentioned how when it came time to whip up all the credits, he depended on Tobias for that because he knew all that shit. Thought that was pretty cool.

I'm a fan of Tobias, but I was just never really that intrigued with what that 97-99 line up did. We heard some of it, and it wasn't all that impressive, although CITR was great. I would listen to it if those sessions leaked or were released, but its obvious that the sessions didn't really begin to take shape until Bucket added his blend of herbs and spices.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

But James! Weren't Fortus and Tobias totally vindicated when CD came out?? At least I heard that was supposed to occur....

Actually, Tobias did show that he played a pretty good role in the making of the record. Axl even mentioned how when it came time to whip up all the credits, he depended on Tobias for that because he knew all that shit. Thought that was pretty cool.

I'm a fan of Tobias, but I was just never really that intrigued with what that 97-99 line up did. We heard some of it, and it wasn't all that impressive, although CITR was great. I would listen to it if those sessions leaked or were released, but its obvious that the sessions didn't really begin to take shape until Bucket added his blend of herbs and spices.

nice KFC reference there with bucket James lol

Board footer