You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

I see that "Fernando" is our newest user.

Anyone care to verify his location/ip?

Maybe we'll get some more leaks on here soon then. 14

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.  Just joking, calm down.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

To create demand and interest in something people want to hear, good or bad.

Problem is, that scenario only works when an album release is imminent, which we now know was never the case in 2006. It was simply Merck trying to kick Axl and get him to do something, and instead of "doing", Axl kicked back, and fired him, like so many others that tried to make the mother fucker get out and work, instead of playing Madden 24/7, and texting Baz.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

no

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

no

*lol*  That reply left no room for interpretation.  *lol*

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Interesting. The only thing is, didn't Axl confirm that "Seven" & "Thyme" were fake titles.

"If" was probably a shortened title for "If The World". The glaring omission there, is having Sorry as a closer, when Prostitute is a MUCH better closer.

Who says Prostitute was finished/written then?

Prostitute has at least been finished in a demo form, for years, probably dating back to 2001 at least. The song was being worked on that far back, and Axl was doing Prostitute's piano as an instrumental intro to November Rain on the 2002 shows.

It didn't take him 6 years to finish it. It's been in the can for a long time. It's just another one that he's tweaked to death.

The only tie in to that artwork you showed, is either A) He wasn't happy on the final mix then, B) the artwork lends credibility to the theory of multiple albums and the tracklist was never set, Axl simply pooled together a bunch of different songs at any given time that'd be the "1st album", or C) the artwork is fake.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Interesting. The only thing is, didn't Axl confirm that "Seven" & "Thyme" were fake titles.

"If" was probably a shortened title for "If The World". The glaring omission there, is having Sorry as a closer, when Prostitute is a MUCH better closer.

Prostitute has at least been finished in a demo form, for years, probably dating back to 2001 at least. The song was being worked on that far back, and Axl was doing Prostitute's piano as an instrumental intro to November Rain on the 2002 shows.

It didn't take him 6 years to finish it. It's been in the can for a long time. It's just another one that he's tweaked to death.

The only tie in to that artwork you showed, is either A) He wasn't happy on the final mix then, B) the artwork lends credibility to the theory of multiple albums and the tracklist was never set, Axl simply pooled together a bunch of different songs at any given time that'd be the "1st album", or C) the artwork is fake.

I honestly think Its B. I mean We've went from reports of 13-15 songs to 18 songs to 3 albums to no there's only one album, maybe two, to finally getting 14 songs. Either someone in the GN'R family has trouble with addition or there were so many songs being worked on no one knew anything about which were being released.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

We don't give out that kind of info here. If someone was requesting your IP info/location/email addy, we wouldn't give that either.

Certain lines cant be crossed. Anyone who signs up here deserves a certain amount of privacy.

russtcb wrote:

I heard Better on WRIF in Detroit WAY more times in 06 before GNR shut the stations down then I did when it was an actual single in 08.

Kinda funny how that worked out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Prostitute was being worked on in 1999 according to the Spin article from July 99....
"AXL'S UNDER PRESSURE
Rose is laboring over a song with the working title "Prostitute," according to Youth, but past successes weigh heavily on him. "They sold millions of records in a few years," says the producer. "He had a big crew of people in the studio ... and I think that kind of pressure chokes creativity." RATING: PARADISE CITY"

Board footer