You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 100 Worst Guitar Solos - Guitar World

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought Slash only played it live a couple times. I thought the studio stuff was done by studio musicians with MJ's group.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm pretty sure he came up with the riff. He was in the video for it too so I'd think he was part of the composition. Dunno about the solo but I don't see why he wouldn't have. 

Did he ever play it live?? We are talking about Black & White, right?!  Why all the Eddie VH talk?

EDIT: Actually, according to wikipedia at least, Slash was only a guest performer, and not credited with writing & myb not the solo. I aslo found out Tyra Banks was one of those "morphed" people. I never knew that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNPotsAFxg

(About 5:30 into it)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think i've read an interview somehwere around where slash said the stuff on the video pre-the main riff was him jamming but that the actual riff and stuff used in the song wasn't.

But i might be wrong.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

That list is bull fucking shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

That list is bull fucking shit.

I agree....you look at the names on it...Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Dave Mustaine, Slash.....would that we were all such "bad" guitarists.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Pictures of You by the Cure? Please. Robert's style of guitar playing is half the reason I love the Cure.  I agree with Von Solo. The list sucks

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did he ever play it live?? We are talking about Black & White, right?!  Why all the Eddie VH talk?

My bad, I got confused 17

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

no one string wonders by the presidents of the USA or Everclear or Nirvana?

i'm not sure i understand the purpose of that list and i strognly disagree with some of the selections

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

yeah Neemo. You could have a quarter of that list with just Nirvana.

Board footer