You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: itunes abandons Guns N' Roses **BS**

GNRBABY wrote:

If you visit the main page of the itunes store you will see that the following albums are featured as new/featured releases. Every artist that was released in Nov/Dec are listed except GNR!! What bogus crap 4

you will see:

Kanye West

The Killers

Taylor Swift

and even M.I.A.

WTF?!  It's like CD came out two years ago or something. The Best Buy exclusive screwed them, but now itunes is ignoring them...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

You're looking at it the wrong way. NOT "Every artist that was released in Nov/Dec is on the list"  BUT "Every artist on the list was released in Nov/Dec".

Probably a hundred albums came out in Nov/Dec, iTunes is only pushing the top sellers. It's called marketing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its probably an automatic list generated based on sales figures

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Snow is right. They are listing the top artists, that put albums out at that time.

GN'R have been FAR from top artist.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, like everyone else said, they are pushing artists that move product on the format. All the artists you list have singles that sell like hotcakes on Itunes. Not a surprise that Itunes will feature them over other artists that sell less.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

and in relating news iTunes is going DRM FREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and new price teirs for songs $0.69 and $1.29

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Izzys last album, iTunes only Concrete, was released DRM free months ago? Or is it now compulsory that all albums sold must be DRM free?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
strat0 wrote:

In other words, now that Itunes realizes a dollar isn't worth much, most 99 cent songs will eventually be $1.29, with a few reject songs no one cares about going for 69 cents.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
strat0 wrote:

In other words, now that Itunes realizes a dollar isn't worth much, most 99 cent songs will eventually be $1.29, with a few reject songs no one cares about going for 69 cents.

I think you nailed it James. This is what will happen.

But, for a mere 0.30c the song will be license free. I'll take that trade... It's about time record companies do this.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I think you nailed it James. This is what will happen.

But, for a mere 0.30c the song will be license free. I'll take that trade... It's about time record companies do this.

They've been doing it for over a year at Amazon and for lower prices (89 cents on most stuff...and no sales tax, whereas iTunes does charge sales tax if Apple has a physical store in your state).

Board footer