You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: SKID ROW Guitarist To SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Blow It Out Your Ass, Buddy!

PaSnow wrote:

In the bands defense he doesn't "say" Baz is licking Axl's ass, the interviewer says it, and he just says if that's what makes him happy, sure.

As for SKid Row, of course they're bad. That's what bad bands do, break up, and continue on without the original members. They can sell 500 tix in old barrooms as Skid Row. If they created a new band, they could barely sell 20 tickets unless the ads say "featuring members of Skid Row" but that's just as bad. Even more so since they'll still be playing the old hits. It's what bands like Foghat, Journey etc do. There's a country & Western place up in the Pocono's in Pennslvania (Burning Hills might know the name of it) that I pass by when I go up there. About 2 years ago I passed it & it said "Skid Row next Friday night" or something. Now, as I passed it, I thought that might be kinda funny, see them play old songs... but had it been a new band, named something else, I would have just driven by & not even thought about paying to see them. That's why they keep the name & continue to tour.  In 15 years bands like Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, Godsmack might be doing the same thing.

Jameslofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Can anyone besides me even name their last album w/o looking it up? Furthermore has anyone even listened to it? I sure hope not. It contains such great tracks as "I Remember You (Punk Rock Version)"

Are you serious?? Dear mother of God, that is pathetic.

yea its a pretty brutal mutiliation of what was once a classic song sad

Neemo wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Baz's new album is a lot better than the newer Skid Row stuff.  IMO they suck without Baz.

I dont care what album is better....i have no interest in either new baz or new skid row....IMO they all suck without each other

I don't agree.  I think Angel Down is a solid rock album.    I was pleasantly surprised and its not because Axl is on it.  i like 3/4 of the songs and if I like that much of an album in this day and age, its a good album in my book.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno, all i've heard are the Axl tracks, but they didnt really do anythign for me, Stuck inside was cool, but the other 2 are shoddy at best IMO, i should go see if i can find this album for sale anywhere

my comment was more based on the other solo baz stuff i've heard. it leaves little to be desired IMO sad

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Not a bad interview. I didn't even know Snake was having problems. I have not followed Skid Row news in years. I do agree with Baz on the Skid Row issue though. The Skids never really moved on from the Baz era. Last I heard, the shows are mainly Baz songs and of course they have released a mediocre album or two since he left/was fired.

I am actually surprised that Snake/Bolan were never able to do anything great post Baz, as they were the creative force behind the band. They should have started a whole new band and dropped the Skid Row thing.

I know this sounds like the GNR name argument, but its a bit different in this case.

Sebastian has done a lot in the 11 year Split from Skid Row Sebastian has done a lot of projects with
major success.  He stared in the Movies Point Doom(as Slim) & Don't Fear the reaper(as Death)

He was the Star of 4 Broadway Musicals
Jekyll & Hyde (20008  & 2004)
Baz  won awards for Best Male replacement & Voclist in 2000

He was Riff Raff in The Rocky Horror Musical 2001 for 3 months

Jesus in the Jesus Christ Superstar for 6 moths in 2003
which was the #1 Rated traveling tour in the US.

All plays where 2 shows a Day 6 days a week.

Sebastian was the host of VH1 TV show Forever Wild
that also spawned a DVD

His 2005  Project Frame Shift 2 an Absence of empathy
was the top rated CD that year with Most Magazines & Internet
sites having it ranked # 1 & # 2....

As far as CD's go Sebastian has done 5 studio
projects since his Departure from Skid Row

The Last Hard men (1997)
Bring "em" Bach Alive ( 1999)
Bach 2 Basics (2001)
Absence of Empathy(2005)
Angel Down (2007)

As far as touring goes As I said above the JCS was the #1 Rated tour
in the US in 2003 which dose not normally happen for a traveling play.
Before That Bas did an Arena tour   Opening for Pantera on the Reinventing the Steel tour.
& before that he was on a National Club Tour. While he was with Broadway for 4 Years
Baz also played mostly large Festivals in Europe,Japan & Spain..

Baz was also part of the family TV show the Gilmore Girls
for 5 Years & did 2 episodes for the Trailer Park Boys.

Baz as of this post has also turn down many Broadway shows
like Rent,Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,Phantom of the Opera & more...

He is currently interested in playing the Green Goblin
in the up coming Spiderman the musical which is being written   
by Bono & The Edge from U 2.

As for Skid Row they did start a new band after they let Baz
go it was called Ozone Monday they recorded a CD but Atlantic
refused to put it out,They did have one big break in 2000 open up
for Kiss but they did not receive many good reviews, in fact a lot
of critics thought Solinger was Sebastian & did not have many nice things to say...

As for there product they took 2 songs from there Ozone Monday
project Ghost & Born a beggar,Changed the name to Skid Row &recorded
Thick Skin & a DVD called Under the Skin,The CD is ok while the DVD is a real snoozer.

It did get them a record Deal with SPV records
but The RPM CD is very poor in both music & over all sound
It really shows how important Sebastian was....

Snake has been in & out of the band with health problems
& Legal issues  He has been replaced a few times for live shows
almost all of 2004 & 2005 By Kerri Kelli who ironically enough
co wrote a song with Sebastian & Just in Mur called Another Nail
that was the feature song on Liberty & Justice sound track of Soul CD.

This latest tour has Hair of the Dog Singer/Guitarist,Ryan Cook filling in           
for Snake till Jan. ?????

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

Here's how it started
The announcer for a public American Radio station opened the Show saying we have Sebastian Bach of the band Skid Row.

Baz stated he was not in Skid Row & the guy kept pushing the buttons why why,he kept saying how special those times where & Baz agreed. Now mind you this a from A radio tour to support his new CD

The DJ  kept asking so what's going on with them have you heard the new music
what do you think of the new music & Baz gave into it & gave him the answer he was looking for. Now this guy takes a clip from that & what we now have here is the domino effect.

Some thing to point out  about the questions being asked here.
It really seems this guy was looking for dirt..
The question of out of place music,when are you gonna
put out the classic VHS tapes on DVD the questions about JBJ
Like Sebastian, Scotti gave into the one button that gets the press what they where looking for.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

I know this sounds like the GNR name argument, but its a bit different in this case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here's how I would say they are different
Axl Rose formed Guns n Roses with Traci Guns,Izzy Stradlin,Ole Beach & Rob Gardner
in 1985 When they combined Hollywood Rose & LA Guns to form Guns n Roses
& of course Axl came up with the name. There where banners made that said
Hollywood Rose meets LA Guns to form Guns n Roses. All though  Traci still had LA Guns
Hollywood Rose  was over as Chris Webber left LA for NY.

In fact something to point out there was a band that use to open up for Guns
Called Road Crew which some of you might know is where Slash,Steven & Duff came from.

Skid Row is different because although they made it big with the help
of Jon Bon Jovi had to buy there name from Gary More who owned it
& had 3 or 4 records out in the 60's under the name. As a band

All 5 members Sebastian,Rachel,Snake,Rob & Scotti all
paid an equal amount of money to buy the name unknown 
to the rest of the band Rachel & Dave had it copy written to them
which is why the VHS tapes have not gone to DVD & there have not
be Re releases for Slave to the grind & Subhuman Race.....

To date Sebastian has only played live with one former member of Skid Row
& that was Rob Affuso who was also fired from Skid Row.....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, you definitely know your shit. What health problems does Snake have, or has he not let that be known publicly? What was the main reason for the breakup? If it was the name being pulled out from under them by Snake and Bolan, why didn't the other guys bail as well? I always thought it had something to do with the failure of Subhuman Race. I remember the mags back then, and the way they all talked about it, they clearly had high hopes for the album.

As far as a reunion goes, I don't think one needs to happen. There would be very little interest in one. Baz has his small fanbase, and the Skids have their microscopic fanbase. Putting the two bases together doesn't really help anything, especially for Baz. Also, Baz' resume shows he has other options before ever getting desperate enough to try and do a reunion.  I think its best for people to just remember how good that band was in its prime.

Also, whats your opinion of Baz using the Axl angle to promote his album? I don't blame him for mentioning it and using it a bit in the promo, but I think he went overboard with it.

Acekicken wrote:

Here's how it started
The announcer for a public American Radio station opened the Show saying we have Sebastian Bach of the band Skid Row.

Baz stated he was not in Skid Row & the guy kept pushing the buttons why why,he kept saying how special those times where & Baz agreed. Now mind you this a from A radio tour to support his new CD

The DJ  kept asking so what's going on with them have you heard the new music
what do you think of the new music & Baz gave into it & gave him the answer he was looking for. Now this guy takes a clip from that & what we now have here is the domino effect.

Some thing to point out  about the questions being asked here.
It really seems this guy was looking for dirt..
The question of out of place music,when are you gonna
put out the classic VHS tapes on DVD the questions about JBJ
Like Sebastian, Scotti gave into the one button that gets the press what they where looking for.

Does Baz even care about stuff like this or what they say about what he has said in interviews about them?    In your opinion if they were in a room together could Baz defend this statement?

Board footer