You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness - Round 2, Battle 7

This is extremely hard for me, I love both, but I think I'll go with Fight Club. There's a little more depth to it (a lot more, actually), and it's a more unique story. The acting is better too.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

600full-fight-club-screenshot.jpg

T2 is a great action film. Probably one of the best. However, its just an action film designed to get you into the theater and eat popcorn. Fight Club actually has a story to tell and makes you think. It also has three of the best actors from the 90s. T2 does not.

Still amazes me how Carter squandered most of her career on shit films.

I watched this a month ago and was shocked at how different the movie was from the trailer.  It's a very good film on capitalism and life in general.  I think also its one of those films that has gained a bigger following as it has been released on DVD as the initially BO gross was close to 20 million.  I loved T2 when it came out but Fight Club has that extra something.  Edward Norton gives an excellent performance as noted.

Regarding Carter, most of her films (at least in the last 8 yrs) have been with Tim Burton, whom she has two children with, whose films can be somewhat polarizing.  I think, unfortunately, that she has been typecast as the dark, brooding, slightly disturbed female which restricts some of the roles she is offered.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Never liked Fight club (and yes i did get it) T2 i loved.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

T2

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

how the fuck is my favorite movie of all time losing this badly?

somebody help ol' tyler out....

and i'm not denying that t2 was great.. it was.... but jesus. t2 was a great action movie.... fight club was a culturally relevant commentary of a generation...

.. you kids 17

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

how the fuck is my favorite movie of all time losing this badly?

somebody help ol' tyler out....

and i'm not denying that t2 was great.. it was.... but jesus. t2 was a great action movie.... fight club was a culturally relevant commentary of a generation...

.. you kids 17

At least your favorite film didn't lose to Willy Wonka in the first round...

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

FIGHT CLUB was on last night. It's still awesome.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

In "GnREvolution Movie Madness" fire represents death, when the Movie's credits roll, the movie goes up in flames, when the names are read, the decision is final and they must leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll go tally the votes.

Fight Club, bring me your torch.

qr199v.jpg

The Tribe has spoken

"Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

2e4b7zc.jpg

9 survivors are left. Grab your torches and keep voting.

*locked*

Board footer