You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: jarmos myspace page

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
downliner wrote:

deleted my account a few weeks ago

You've joined a very exclusive club... 22

In fairness to jarmo, if he didn't take the place to an extreme "Fan Only" direction, it'd probably overloaded with negatively and complaining about the band considering the past year, it is a different place for fans.

Of course the whole censorship issue was just a terrible way to handle everything, thats the only real complaint I would have, if I still posted their.

WRONG.
If you dont agree with Jarmo and his point view, your posts get deleted, locked, or you get banned.
What kind of place is that? Its a shitty one. That is why all the good posters and long time fans have left that board

AtariLegend wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
downliner wrote:

deleted my account a few weeks ago

You've joined a very exclusive club... 22

In fairness to jarmo, if he didn't take the place to an extreme "Fan Only" direction, it'd probably overloaded with negatively and complaining about the band considering the past year, it is a different place for fans.

Of course the whole censorship issue was just a terrible way to handle everything, thats the only real complaint I would have, if I still posted their.

WRONG.
If you dont agree with Jarmo and his point view, your posts get deleted, locked, or you get banned.
What kind of place is that?

I never denied it...

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

That is why all the good posters and long time fans have left that board

Good, as in your opinion...?

I know alot of people quit, but certainly not everyone.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

^^

Funny, but very accurate.

Bumble4tus
 Rep: -3 

Bumble4tus wrote:

Ever stop and wonder why HTGTH is not official?  It's because Jarmo folds under pressure and the way he treats people over there does not go unnoticed by the right people.  He may act all righteous, but it will not get him anywhere.

AtariLegend wrote:

Come on guys, I was banned from there, then I got unbanned, then quit several times.

I'm not some HTGTH nutswinger, but there still are alot of people posting there, just because I disagree with most of them doesn't mean I think they aren't good posters, example the polictical threads...

^^ As for Abby_Road, how many times have you been banned, deliberately?

^ I think GNR Management notices it...

htgth is a great board, jarmo is a good webmaster, and whether people like it or not, they are the only online community to get real recognition from Axl/GnR.    I post there everyday and there are plenty of people there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah there are still good posters there, you just have to separate more chaff to get to the wheat. Not everybody left. Even some long time members who were frustrated decided to stick it out. The only thing that makes it look worse is the people who replaced those that left do not breed as much interesting discussion. I would say their off topic sections are probably the best part of the site now. Although you could say that about most GNR sites at the moment.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

My problem with HTGTH is the censorship and blind worship of Axl and the new lineup (no I'm not a new GN'R hater either I just like objective discussion). If you wish to discuss or query something that doesn't appear to fit with the general view of the site then they jump all over it, accuse people of not being a real GN'R fan and or delete your thread/post.

It's a difficult situation because I know you need a certain level of moderation.  Take mygnr for example that seems to be the complete opposite of HTGTH.  That place is in dire need of some further moderation/deleting of threads/posts.  I have tried posting there but IMHO there seems to be so many posts made presumably by kids about pathetic topics, thrown in with a tonne of whingeing and bitching about Axl and CD that it's really not much of a "fansite" at times.

Hopefully there is a happy medium that can be found (hint hint GNRevolution - that's why I'm giving this place a try).

Board footer