You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well the GNR road crew are known for frequent "technical difficulties". GNR has a lot of them live.

Yeah but mixing in 3 guitars, a bass, drums, two different keyboards and a guy with a vocal range that covers 4 octaves or whatever can't be super easy!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

not alot happens in Gnr land so it is rather easy to remember what is said officially and in the press...in my humble opinion. Most of the time people are just remembering made up bullshit by forum members with "agendas".

I wanted to point something out here. I think Madagas' statement was a tad misconstrued here.

He's saying people are 'remembering bullshit' from members with agendas. It could be 2001 or 2006, etc.

After awhile, it can be hard to keep it all straight. Especially for those that have sat around for nearly the last decade, dealing with the 99% rumor, and 1% truth over and over.

Kind of like the old saying, if you repeat something enough, it becomes true.

I don't think he was saying James or anyone else here has agendas...

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There are no conspiracy theories or "agendas". The Jagger interview was a few years before that 2006 implosion(sic, where are you?), and it wasn't talking trash. Only in the GNR forum world can someone mentioning a GNR reunion in a sentence be perceived as trash talking. Regardless  of whether or not Richards fell out of a tree or Bill Cosby snuck into his bed and gave him a dutch oven leading to the cancelation. The show didn't happen.

Also, no one ever said that a reunion would hinge on opening for the Stones.

By the way, I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.....

Welcome to the forum Mr. Divney. 5 As you can see, we are all insane in our own unique way. I mention Jagger bringing up a reunion when he was probably being asked about any potential openers, and apparently that means I think the moon is made of cheese.

edit: I just googled 'Mick Jagger interview gnr" hoping to strike gold immediately, and it brought this thread up on page 2. Funny shit.

you brought up the reunion theory in connection with Keith falling out of a coconut tree, sorry you have NOTHING to back up an alleged reunion.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

not alot happens in Gnr land so it is rather easy to remember what is said officially and in the press...in my humble opinion. Most of the time people are just remembering made up bullshit by forum members with "agendas".

I wanted to point something out here. I think Madagas' statement was a tad misconstrued here.

He's saying people are 'remembering bullshit' from members with agendas. It could be 2001 or 2006, etc.

After awhile, it can be hard to keep it all straight. Especially for those that have sat around for nearly the last decade, dealing with the 99% rumor, and 1% truth over and over.

Kind of like the old saying, if you repeat something enough, it becomes true.

I don't think he was saying James or anyone else here has agendas...

exactly...thank you and karma.:butt:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

you brought up the reunion theory in connection with Keith falling out of a coconut tree,

All I said was...

Before someone chimes in mentioning that supposed 06 show, it didn't happen which reinforces the point even further.

Was there some super secret new GNR show opening for the Stones that destroys the point?

sorry you have NOTHING to back up an alleged reunion.

Now that's rich coming from someone who was neck deep in the HTGTH trenches discussing this shit in 200 page threads three and four years ago.

The US dates are to be warm up shows for the group’s upcoming European tour that will begin at Juan Carlos Arena in Madrid on May 25, and will even include two German shows supporting the mighty Rolling Stones’ A Bigger Bang world tour in early July.

The rumor that the original lineup will be reforming for the upcoming tour has been gathering steam since rock photographer Ross Halfin posted the following on his official website on February 3 this year: “…the original lineup of Guns N’ Roses is supposed to play Download in June with metal chums, Metallica”.  Halfin’s posting came a couple of days before the official Metallica announcement but has since been removed

http://www.musicsnews.com/articles/809/ … Reunion%3F

" according to Classic Rock magazine, via a GNR insider, recent attempts were indeed made by Axl Rose to reform the original band for shows at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, and then again for the Download Festival at Donnington Park. The magazine also reported that both were allegedly to be filmed and released on DVD with an accompanying live album to mark the 20th anniversary of the band forming.

As the story goes, all parties were interested until the fine print of the contracts were examined. Apparently, despite the shows and the potential earning power of the subsequent CD/DVD sales, in agreeing to the terms and conditions, each member then agrees that all rights to the entire Guns N’ Roses back catalogue would henceforth transfer to Axl.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/int … eunion.htm

AtariLegend wrote:

According to Adler, they were offered $150 Million by "Live Nation" for 22 shows, which Axl is the one who refused.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=6300

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The UK reunion would've been Axl's attempt to regain a portion of the back catalogue publishing rights. When Geffen closed their tap in 2004, Sanctuary Group were stupid enough to take on CD's ongoing funding, while the company was already facing serious financial difficulties. The following year, Axl sold his share of the publishing rights to Merck & Co, as an earning method as well as to alleviate the debts he'd accumulated with SG. The reunion contract would've earned Axl the remaining 2/3 of the publishing rights, which would've then been split between him and SG.

According to Ross Halfin, Axl and Slash started talking (through intermediaries, it seems) about Welcome to the Jungle: The Very Best of Guns N' Roses in mid/late 2005. Slash visited Axl's house in October, while frustrated with VR's lack of progress with Libertad. He met Beta instead of Axl, was a tad drunk and said some things without putting much thought into it. Axl was obviously roaring with laughter after he heard that one, and took the next step, which was introducing Slash and Duff to the idea of a few reunion shows. Izzy was also likely contacted, although he was never in the whole publishing rights mess.

Slash started getting surprisignly civil towards Axl in interviews late into the year and started saying with certain authority that he knew CD would be released soon. Axl resurfaced soon after, but things went kibbosh by March 2006. The fine print was read and examined by the VR camp and they refused the offer. Axl then disclosed Slash's visit to his house and used vague enough wording to remove Slash's comments from whatever their original context was, implying (although not suggesting) that the two had actually met in person. The press release was a thin smokescreen, because it addressed a lawsuit from the preceding year - not really newsworthy on its own. It was an act of retaliation and malice, directed squarely against Slash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Assuming for a minute that were true...I wonder what Axl's plan would have been?

1. Do a few reunion shows....use the cash to finish off CD and then he returns to the new line up and slash to VR?

2. Abandon the CD project and line ups and Slash quits VR?

3. Bring Slash and the lads in and continue work on CD with their contributions?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If it's true...it's like a rip in the space/time continuum

Sky Dog wrote:

as usual, there is a chance I could be slightly WRONG.........however, LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!! 19 Rumors are still rumors though and Slash/Axl don't appear to be getting together anytime "soon".:|

Board footer