You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: So what kind of food do you like best?

PaSnow wrote:

I haven't used A1 in a while, I should give it a shot again.

My ultimate faves are pretty simple:
Pizza
Bacon
Cheesesteaks
Hot Wings (love em)
BBQ Chicken
Burgers & Dogs
Steak
French Fries, Crab Fries (Fries with Old Bay Season), Everything Fries (Fries with Oregano, Old Bay, Garlic Powder Salt etc)
Chinese Food - mainly General Tso
Seafood
Italian Food - Lasagna, Ravioli etc

I grill alot, usually steak, chicken or burgers with a Potato on there. I definitely need to eat more veggies. I cooked alot of seafood this year too. It was a pretty good summer eating wise.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

We don't have A1 over here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_sauce

That explains Brown sauce in the UK and US perfectly. Also explains chippy sauce.

I only have brown sauce on Full Breakfasts or Hot Filled Rolls.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

14 It's only in the UK, you can say you like Daddy's Sauce splashed on, to spice up your cold meat! 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Brown sauce is THE brown sauce. Another good sauce is chippy sauce 11

Olorin will know what that is I hope. Depends on whether he's a salt and vinegar or salt and sauce guy.

Just salt 14

My dad was the only one in our house who used brown sauce or Daddies Sauce. He would dunk his bread in that shit lol.

myillusions
 Rep: 5 

myillusions wrote:

I like......

Cheeseburgers and French Fries.
Chick-Fil-A.
Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q.
Thick country-style BBQ ribs.
A good steak and good buttered bread.
Seafood.
Pork sausage pizza from Pizza Hut.
My mother's homemade peanut butter cookies.
Homemade ice cream.

Okay, I better slow down....lol. smile

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
Olorin wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Brown sauce is THE brown sauce. Another good sauce is chippy sauce 11

Olorin will know what that is I hope. Depends on whether he's a salt and vinegar or salt and sauce guy.

Just salt 14

My dad was the only one in our house who used brown sauce or Daddies Sauce. He would dunk his bread in that shit lol.

Ahh Chippy sauce is an Edinburgh speciality. Almost everywhere else is salt and vinegar. It's a travesty. S&V is only good on a fish supper. Everything else from a chippy needs salt and sauce.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Scottish chippies suck balls tongue I'm allowed to say that as I live here too, never found a chippie that serve scraps with a fish supper. Scraps were my favourite part of the meal sad

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

A fish supper is my favourite meal, has been that way since I was a kid. Its hard to get a good one nowadays though, there is so much mediocrity and barely edible muck out there. I know a couple of good Chippies and I will travel to get to them, rather than eat the local garbage.

My best mates family are potatoe merchants and they deliver to chippies across Scotland, he knows some really good ones. On Saturday he is taking me a drive down to Troon, to MacCallums Oyster Bar, which is on a pier at the harbour and he promises me it is an award winning seafood restaurant with fresh fish and chips to die for.

And he has a big bag of weed for me - happy days!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its hard to get a good one nowadays though, there is so much mediocrity and barely edible muck out there.

I'm so glad this is a global problem and not an american problem. 16

I wish cooks from yesteryear would rise from the dead and create an incentive for current cooks/companies to make edible food.

Scraps were my favourite part of the meal

Its funny how I have to google what you eat, then find out its a variation of something I eat. 16

Scraps are basically pork rinds, unless I've googled the wrong scraps. 16

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

They're similiar except it's more scraps of everything.

The chippy near my house and the one up town are the best ones I know near me. King Rib Supper with salt and sauce, Deep Fried Pizza Supper with salt and sauce, jumbo sausage supper with salt and sauce, haggis supper with salt and sauce, cheezyburger supper with salt and sauce, white pudding supper with salt and sauce, spring roll supper with salt and sauce, whole chicken supper with salt and sauce and chicken breast fillets with salt and sauce. 11

Board footer