You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Chicago Teen Beaten To Death

Tommie wrote:

Teen Attacked, Beaten to Death in Melee
Help Police Find Derrion Albert's Killers

Updated: Sunday, 27 Sep 2009, 8:18 AM CDT
Published : Saturday, 26 Sep 2009, 9:00 PM CDT

* By Darlene Hill, FOX Chicago News

This is the hard lesson some students at Fenger High School have to deal with after a day of learning. For them it's a hard lesson of reality on the streets.

Thursday after school, two rival gangs got into a fight three blocks from the high school.

In all four students were beaten in that melee -- one was released from the hospital Friday morning.

While police continue their investigation, some students say they don't want to go back to Fenger next week.

Rival gang members have been fighting for a month -- and each time one of their fellow classmates is injured.

No knives and no guns were used in Thursday's fight. Just fists, feet and boards.

Derrion Albert, 16, was struck in the head by one of those boards.

Seconds later the honor student hit the pavement. That’s when witnesses, who are other high school students, say gangbangers began stomping on and punching Albert.

Derrion Albert's mom said witnesses told her he was "trying to help another student and kind of got mixed in with the crowd of the fight and he was hit.”

A senior who witnessed the whole thing says the melee lasted less than five minutes.

The video shows students and workers from a nearby community center rescue the boy -- but many out there knew it was too late.

Surveillance videos are mounted on businesses in the Roseland area, but Chicago Police say those don't show faces.

Police have a copy of this footage and it may help identify Albert's killers.

But while that investigation goes on, students say they will remember Derrion Albert as a good kid. A quiet, smart kid with no gang affiliation. But just a kid who may not have had enough street smarts to go another way.

If you can identify any of the people allegedly involved in the death of Derrion Albert, please call Area Two of the Chicago Police Dept. That number is 312-747-8272.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/me … ion_albert

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I saw this earlier, this is a disgrace. Some people shouldn't be allowed to live, the teens that beat this kid are some of them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Whys that guy calling in blame the schools & police. Fucking dipshit. The blame fall on 4 or 5 people, we see who they are. No one else's fault, except probably the parents too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This story is blowing up here in Chicago. Schoolchildren die on a weekly basis here and it's a disgrace, but fuck yeah let's try to get the Olympics to gloss over problems like this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Whys that guy calling in blame the schools & police. Fucking dipshit. The blame fall on 4 or 5 people, we see who they are. No one else's fault, except probably the parents too.

The blame falls on the parents. Always has, always will.

It amazes me in this world, that people will sit back, and ruin the lives of generations of people, shut down businesses, censor media, ban books, jail children... all before they make parents responsible.

Still astonishes me.

Anyways, I grew up in one of these schools. WTTJ should've pretty much played after the National Anthem. We had a gang war basically break out in our parking lot, riot situation, must've been 50 guys, all in a massive melee with cops, teachers, and other students.

Difference was... they did brings knives and brass knuckles. It got really really bloody, and I just kind of sat back from afar, no one around, not egging it, just quietly observing... to this day, words cannot express how I felt.

All over someone calling some rival gang member in the hallway a "bitch". No one died, but many were hospitalized. Several went to full out, butt rape, prison.

The sad thing, is alot of these punks... sending them to prison is a badge of honor. They want you to do it. Antisocial disorder, evil, whatever you want to call it... kill it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Gang members have a unique ability to always kill honor roll students.  Let one of these pussies drop a nuclear bomb somewhere, and it would only kill those with a 4.0 GPA.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Somehow "Today a gang member killed a D-student" just doesn't grab headlines.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

woops sorry messed up. : /

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Gang members have a unique ability to always kill honor roll students.  Let one of these pussies drop a nuclear bomb somewhere, and it would only kill those with a 4.0 GPA.

It's stuff like this that makes me glad that even though i'm at a school on southside of our city that It's not that bad.

I'm an honors student. I'm in the IB program.

The kids this effects the most is the little guys that don't have the physicality to stand up to an attack. Luckily I'm a big guy. If not Freshman year would've been hell just having to deal with football players trying to walk all over me. but I think it's sad. I mean I know we can't all be built like line-backers but where are the police? where are the people stopping these fights?

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I mean I know we can't all be built like line-backers but where are the police? where are the people stopping these fights?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7299

Board footer