You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Round 1, Battle 2

Neemo wrote:

Round 1, Battle 2 (70's Bracket)

movie_madness_banner.jpg

The movie with the most votes will move on to "Round 2". You have one day ... Vote!

The Godfather: Part II (1974)

vs.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

------------------------------------------------------
Note: Please uses the discussion and results thread to talk about the battles, results and general discussion about this GnREvolution Movie Madness II Tourney, just use the voting threads to place your votes.
Disclaimer: Do not forget to actually place your vote using the poll system. If you do not vote in the the poll then your vote will not count.
Tie Breaker Rule: I do not typically vote in the battles, as such if there is a tie at the end of the prescribed 1 day voting period then my vote will count only then to serve as the tiebreaker.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

willy (this one's for you james 16)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Godfather 2

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

How is it that I voted off Willy Wonka in 70's Pre-battle -- and even got karma for it - and it is currently in this tournament?  Worse yet, it is bewilderingly WINNING against a far superior film that is almost universally considered one of the best 5 films ever created...  Is today backwards day?  Did gremlins invade GNRevo?  Did I take the "red pill" last night?  How deep does this rabbit hole go?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There is a God. 14 This is probably the ONLY film in this bracket that could knock Wonka out of the first round. The other films are superior as well, but Wonka cast some sort of spell on this site and I had a feeling The Godfather films would be its only real competition once it got in.

After last year's ordeal and Wonka rearing his head again, I'll never think of this film without thinking of our Series here.

Edit: How in the fuck is this thing tied??

Vegas, start placing your bets. I was joking last year, but I'm serious now. This is an untapped mine of golden tickets.

If Wonka survives this round, anything is possible.

James

James wrote:
evads wrote:

How is it that I voted off Willy Wonka in 70's Pre-battle -- and even got karma for it - and it is currently in this tournament?  Worse yet, it is bewilderingly WINNING against a far superior film that is almost universally considered one of the best 5 films ever created...  Is today backwards day?  Did gremlins invade GNRevo?  Did I take the "red pill" last night?  How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Like I mentioned in the above post, Wonka haunts this forum. We had a Movie Madness last year(but slightly different than this one), and it knocked out several masterpieces until finally losing in the semi finals.

I'm still shocked by that, and like you I cant believe it even got in this time, especially considering what happened last time.

evader

evader wrote:

I can't believe I said "Good bye Willie Wonka" as the last voter in the pre-battle, and then I come to this thread and the movie that lost in the pre-battle is somehow here.  It was the Bilderberg Group, wasn't it?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

blazing saddles and young frankenstien had the most votes in that poll...everything else got into the tourney

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8018

evader

evader wrote:

I'm sure you are right Neemo.  It's just that my perception was that when the score was tied 3-3, you wrote:

"k someone break the tie...wonka or blazing saddles"

So I wrote:

"Good Bye Willie Wonka!"

I must have just missed (or misunderstood) something.  No big deal.  There are days when my perceptions are a bit out-of-focus.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, looks like a few lurkers came in at the last second and rained on our parade.

Thanks.......

Its why the voting levels always fluctuate from round to round, whether its the Madness series we do or those album tourneys I did last year. You have the hardcore Evo members participating, but we also have random lurkers voting without actually posting. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it is a "game changer" so to speak. Hard to predict the outcome when you have a varying amount of silent voters.

Honestly, I think some people just wanted the comedy and suspense of having Wonka wreak havoc through here again. It does add a unique dimension to the whole thing, but when it starts obliterating masterpieces again, it must be stopped at all costs. I almost shit my pants when it beat TCM.

In 2009 it was Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Misery. In 2010 The Godfather 2 and....?

For the record, Wonka finally lost to Goodfellas last year. It's got a long way to go until it can potentially face that competition, and the voters this year wont be identical to the voters last year.

Board footer