You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 4 (probably 3) Monster albums of 2008

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I'd so love to see AC/DC bow out with an absolute rocker of an album and tour. They deserve it, their contribution to rock n' roll is awesome.

As for Metallica, I know this probably wouldn't be popular, but I'd prefer either a really raw album (aka Kill em All or Ride the Lightning) or a modern version of And Justice For All. They've done their rock bit on Load and Unload.

I'm looking forward to the new Opeth Album too.

If Metallica did anything even close to ...And Justice For All I'd shit myself with joy.

I guess that means Lars having to do some practice.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

this is one band i've always wanted to check out...but i dont know where to start...and their music is so expensive...what disk do you recommend? ghost reveries?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

this is one band i've always wanted to check out...but i dont know where to start...and their music is so expensive...what disk do you recommend? ghost reveries?

I have some of their songs on my laptop. Don't know which albums, its just a small assortment. Next time I am around some high speed, I'll upload the songs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I have some of their songs on my laptop. Don't know which albums, its just a small assortment. Next time I am around some high speed, I'll upload the songs.

cool 22

Scabbie wrote:

As for Metallica, I know this probably wouldn't be popular, but I'd prefer either a really raw album (aka Kill em All or Ride the Lightning) or a modern version of And Justice For All. They've done their rock bit on Load and Unload.

If you are hoping for that you're gonna be disappointed...i think the best we can wish for from metallica is something along the lines of I Disappear and No Leaf Clover...and even if some tunes on the new album came close to those 2 tracks i'd shit myself with joy 16 that was the direction i always thought they shoulda taken after reload

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Thats a difficult one. I think you could start with any of the following and be happy:

Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Damnation
Ghost Reveries

I'd avoid some of the older discs like Orchid, Still Life & Morning Rise, not because they're bad its just they're probably a little harder to get into.

They're a superb band, in my opinion. Think educated man's thrash. Closely tied to Porcupine Tree, another of my favourites at the moment.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

Nine Inch Nails

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

If Metallica did anything even close to ...And Justice For All I'd shit myself with joy.

I guess that means Lars having to do some practice.

Yeah really! Good call

No seriously, he'll probably just rip off some drum tracks and use pro tools to record his parts

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer