You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: 3 new Bucket cds!

bigbri wrote:

http://travisdickersonmusic.com/store/B … eases.html

That makes it official. He released more than 20 CDs this year. 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Isn't that some kind of record? I mean shit...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, I do believe that is a record.

If I were his agent, I would tell him to cut back on the releases. He's oversaturating his small fanbase. I am a huge BH fan, but there is no way in hell I can keep up with that many albums.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I'm with ya, James. I haven't bought one of his CDs this  year. They've all been gifts. I can't afford to. It's insane.

When does fan friendly artists turn into fan unfriendly. To rely on your fans to buy so much stuff is a bit like taking advantage of your loyal fans.

James

James wrote:

I think he's ruining his career. M.I.A. is another small artist, yet she is even bigger than him. If she started releasing a ton of albums, it would overwhelm people and they would just move on. They might go see her shows, but no one is interested in that much material.

If BH is interested in making money, he should set his sights on making one great mainstream album instead of releasing 20 small ones.

Sky Dog wrote:

He tried that with Axl and look where that got him......:haha::headbang:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I agree James that he needs to focus more on his releases, but I don't think he's ruining his career. He's always put out lots of CDs per year, this year it's just more. What is his career anyway? He's always been a cult guitarist, with the exception being the GNR years.

As far as going mainstream, he tried that with Enter the Chicken, when he had vocalists on every track expect for Lace, he even had Serj from System of a Down sing on We are One, and he was the hottest rock vocalist at the time. They made a video for We are One and Bucket appeared on MTV's Headbanger's Ball to promote it. The video was posted all over the Web, and still nothing. I think after the failure of Enter the Chicken to catch mainstream success, that sealed it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

These are definitely visiting my mailbox in the near future. I've been away from Bucket way too long. A little Population Override is all you need to know how much you miss him.

Christ, this man is a genius.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Last night I was talking to DTJ. Mainly about the BBF footage she uploaded, but as usual, I steered the conversation towards BH.:butt: We were talking about Rio 01, and after our convo was over, I put that DVD in and watched Madagascar.

He takes that song to a place no one else is even capable of going.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Last night I was talking to DTJ. Mainly about the BBF footage she uploaded, but as usual, I steered the conversation towards BH.:butt: We were talking about Rio 01, and after our convo was over, I put that DVD in and watched Madagascar.

He takes that song to a place no one else is even capable of going.

Amen. He's the best soloist in the world. Nobody can match him when he nails it. BH is the definition of getting the guitar to weep (sorry Clapton).

The fact that he's the only guitar virtuoso I can stand says a lot.

6 days till I leave work. First thing I'm gonna do is put on "earth heals itself" and just sit back with a joint. (ok, I'll make the joint first).

Board footer