You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: How much Buckethead material do you have?

monkeychow wrote:

Only just noticed this thread.

Albums I have:

Enter the Chicken
Giant Robot
Crime Slunk Scene
Electric Tears
Monsters and Robots
Transmutation

and some of the individual tracks he was putting out there like "Crack the Sky" a while ago.

Now for the brutal honesty....here's the only tracks I really actually listen to very often:

Soothsayer
Nottingham Lace
Jordan
Scapula
Chicken Boy
King James
Jowls

and maybe like 2 or 3 others.

Don't mean this disrespectfully but most of bucket's work is just so unstructured or random to me. I think musically they're like going on the disneyland rides he likes or something - they each have a feel and take you on a specific journey and each 30 second chunk of the song is like rounding a new corner and into a new room in the haunted house or something. But I think that's my problem with it. It's sort of awesome at doing that but my tastes are more cliched straight ahead rock structures and stuff though and I just can't sit and listen to hours of random noises injected into his melodies and stuff.

Don't get me wrong though I do love his stuff though...I'm so in love with Soothsayer...the melodies..the shredding...the way it all fits together. It's totally amazing.

While i'm posting here in a bucket thread....can anyone explain to me why Scapula seems to be on "Monsters & Robots" and also on "Giant Robot" but it's clearly a different take of it - different voice samples and different solo....can anyone tell me which version was first or anything about why it was redone?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bri would probably know more on that, but I just assumed Bucket kept re-introducing songs as he was making his earlier albums.

If you go back between Bucketheadland, Giant Robot-solo, Giant Robot-NTT, and Monsters & Robots... there's ALOT of recurring themes and songs.

Sky Dog wrote:

Praxis-Transmutation is my fave...thanks James.....Seven Laws of Woo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik4QXKpC … re=related

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

Praxis-Transmutation is my fave...thanks James.....Seven Laws of Woo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik4QXKpC … re=related

Awesome...never listened to that one properly before..turns out I even had it and didn't know....awesome shred at the end too.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I've been really trying to listen to the sampler that James put together and I'm guessing I just might not be a fan of Buckethead.

there are those of us out there

I tried really hard. And I will probably go see him in concert anyways. I just didn't think the world of the material I listened to.

Try this track Russ;

http://soundcloud.com/beau-mcmurray/buc … er-2006-02

imo if you don't like that track then it's likely you won't like his other stuff.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Despite the fact my favorite Bucket album is his debut Bucketheadland... I really think Bucket's finest moments, and what has the most crossover appeal to casual Bucket listeners is his softer stuff like Colma, Electric Tears, and I remember his more recent release Captain EO's Voyage being really good. A Real Diamond In The Rough was a soft album that was vastly overrated.

jmho

You gotta love Padmasana. That's total Estranged territory there.

Majority of what I listen to is the mellow stuff and Praxis. I guarantee he plays songs at the show that I will not recognize immediately.

Still cant believe Padmasana was released solo while he was in GNR. If there is any instrumental in his discography that deserved to get the GNR treatment, it's that one.

I'll check out that album bucketfan. That's one of the albums I never listened to.

Board footer