You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy.... Starts Now?

Neemo wrote:

Metallica and Rage Against the Machine are heavily rumored to be 2 of the 3 bands

METALLICA, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Rumored For UK's READING And LEEDS Festivals

According to eFestivals.co.uk, METALLICA and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE are rumored to be two of the three American headliners slated to perform at this year's Reading and Leeds Festivals, which will happen, as usual, in England over the August Bank holiday weekend '” from Friday, August 22 to Sunday, August 24.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=88912

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

[i]This year's Reading and Leeds festivals will be headlined by three American guitar bands.

Speaking to NME.COM, festival organiser Melvyn Benn gave a huge hint as to who the headliners might be.

'I can tell you that the headliners are American. All of them,' he explained.

Maybe...?

It could be, though it could be plenty of other bands too. I honestly don't see Axl announcing any more UK shows until a firm release date is in place. Didn't they festival organisers get into shit last time GNR played due to them breaking the curfew?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

looks like the Killers are rumored to be the 3rd band...wouldnt call them a guitar band though but whatever hmm

Leeds Festival - Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th August 2008

Main Stage
Friday 22 August - Metallica - strong rumour
Saturday 23 August - Rage Against The Machine - strong rumour
Sunday 24 August - The Killers - rumour

unknown day
Babyshambles - strong rumour
Kasabian - rumour
My Chemical Romance - rumour

unknown stage - unknown day
British Sea Power - to be confirmed
Cut Off Your Hands - rumour
Less Than Jake - rumour
NoFX - strong rumour

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/l … estID=2143

Reading Festival - Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th August 2008

Main Stage
Friday 22 August - Rage Against The Machine - strong rumour
Saturday 23 August - The Killers - rumour
Sunday 24 August - Metallica - strong rumour

unknown day
Babyshambles - strong rumour
Kasabian - rumour
My Chemical Romance - rumour

unknown stage - unknown day
British Sea Power - to be confirmed
Cut Off Your Hands - rumour
Less Than Jake - rumour
NoFX - strong rumour

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/l … estID=2142

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hmmm, I don't see it being GNR but you never know. As much as they annoy me My Chemical Romance would probably command a headline slot these days, although all 3 rumoured headliners are bigger bands than MCR so who knows.

What about Aerosmith, are they meant to be touring this year? They could be a possibility?

AtariLegend wrote:

Some kids on another forum, believe there will be a full 30 second advert for the album tonight, during the Super Bowl. The thread got to 10 pages, so we'll see.................

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Some kids on another forum, believe there will be a full 30 second advert for the album tonight, during the Super Bowl. The thread got to 10 pages, so we'll see.................

Not a chance. SB commercials are mentioned in advance. Companies have to buy the airtime in advance. In fact, you can go to myspace right now and watch the SB commercials until doomsday and the game isn't even over yet.

Out of all the lame rumors over the years, the SB rumors have always been the worst. There are no surprises regarding the SB(unless its the game itself). NFL doesn't gamble like that.

If GNR were doing a commercial, the whole world would have known about it at the latest, one week ago. Some anonymous dipshit claiming there's a commercial two days before the game on a forum is pure idiocy. Hard to believe the thread you mention even made it to 10 pages. Should have been locked immediately after it was posted.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I read that thread and when the guy was proven as a bullshitter he backtracked and said it was actually an ad for Indiana Jones 4.  I can see how he'd get those two mixed up.....  10

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Not all ads actually are known beforehand, but most are. For example, Barack Obama bought last-minute ads to air during the Super Bowl this year. Brilliant move. You can do that when you raised $32M in January alone.

No GNR though. What would they promote? An album that's not even finished. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised, considering how much of a soup sandwich GNR is these days.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

I'll take it that Owen Wilson didn't turn up to promote "Chinese Democracy"...

Board footer