You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Super Tuesday thread

Clinton wins NJ and MA.  Good wins for the Clinton campaign!!

bigbri wrote:

Hilary gets Mass. and NJ. That's big. Funny thing is, in Mass. you may see Obama get more delegates there like he did in Nevada, because most of Hilary's support comes from the big cities. Obama gets more of the suburbs, across the board.

yup in Nevada, Las Vegas is extremely pro-Hillary and it also makes up 70-75% of the states population.   In the rural areas, Obama won, and to even things out, they throw a few more delegates to the rural parts of the state to keep LV from deciding the elections.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm waiting on delegate numbers, but I think Clinton will have effectively nullified Obama.  While choosing Clinton to be Obama's VP would be of no benefit to Obama, Hillary picking Obama as her VP would do her much good.

I can't think of any well known Republican that would do well with McCain that is feasible.  He needs a candidate that applies to the Romney base and not too many of them exist.  I just hope McCain stays the course and doesn't get involved with the Jesus Heads.  I don't care what people do in their bedroom and we need to keep guys like Jim Bob in business big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Obama will not take a VP spot. He will sit out a Clinton presidency. He is young and will not ruin his political career because of the Clintons.

Regarding McCain, I have no fucking idea who he should pick as VP. The choices are terrible. I actually feel sorry for him in regards to digging through VP material. My only recommendation would be Colin Powell, although Powell seems to be pretty pissed in regards to the neo-cons who took over the party.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Randall, the delegates are gonna remain close in the Dems race because, like I said, Obama is winning a vast majority of the suburban vote vs. Hilary in the big city. He's winning more geographically. And there are races after Super Tuesday that Obama is leading in, such as Hawaii and D.C. He just needs to keep it close tonight. Then he can close the gap based on those future races.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Romney wins Utah.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

No surprises in Utah.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

Randall, the delegates are gonna remain close in the Dems race because, like I said, Obama is winning a vast majority of the suburban vote vs. Hilary in the big city. He's winning more geographically. And there are races after Super Tuesday that Obama is leading in, such as Hawaii and D.C. He just needs to keep it close tonight. Then he can close the gap based on those future races.

But none of those races mean anything, they don't provide any delegates.  That's the issue here.  Obama could win all the states around Colorado and it wouldn't mean anything if Clinton won Cali by a substantial margin.  I know people hate to hear it, but some states don't even play a factor in the process.  This is something McCain needs to consider; he's won NY and CA, but he stands no chance of winning them in November.  The same states that matter in November are the ones that matter now.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Considering that a Republican can't get NY or Cali in November, I don't see why they are as important as they are for Obama and Hillary. To me, these are about who the country wants and who can win in the real election. And in that case, Cali and NY are almost irrelevant. Take the overall Popular vote, and the delegates in swing states, and make your decision from there...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

But none of those races mean anything, they don't provide any delegates.  That's the issue here.  Obama could win all the states around Colorado and it wouldn't mean anything if Clinton won Cali by a substantial margin.  I know people hate to hear it, but some states don't even play a factor in the process.  This is something McCain needs to consider; he's won NY and CA, but he stands no chance of winning them in November.  The same states that matter in November are the ones that matter now.

But they do mean something. Hilary wins Mass., for example, based on the area  of population she wins. Obama actually wins more of the state, thus more districts, thus more delegates. Like Nevada. Hilary won Vegas, Obama won more of the state. Your headline the next day was: Hilary wins Nevada. Well, Ok, but Obama got more delegates out of it.

Do you not understand how that works or are you just trying to be argumentative?

Board footer