You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Next Thing

Neemo wrote:

see you all forget that Jon has the chick factor going for him....all the cougars want Jon's bod

he's a pretty boy and he sings pretty songs for the chicky's

same with U2...they also have a female demographic....a gnr show is pretty much a sausage fest (like 80-20 if i had to guess)....so i give the leg up to both BJ and U2 in purely ticket sales...who knows maybe the female fan base will flock to a reunion tour but its all speculation

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:

see you all forget that Jon has the chick factor going for him....all the cougars want Jon's bod

he's a pretty boy and he sings pretty songs for the chicky's

same with U2...they also have a female demographic....a gnr show is pretty much a sausage fest (like 80-20 if i had to guess)....so i give the leg up to both BJ and U2 in purely ticket sales...who knows maybe the female fan base will flock to a reunion tour but its all speculation

Watch ur back Neemo... Bono and I are coming over Pulp Fiction style to eat your Big Kahuna Burger, drink your Sprite and read u a Bible Verse. smile

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

hey i like actung baby and war by U2 and everythign up to and including keep the faith by Bon Jovi... and nothign wrong with having female fans ...thats where groupies come from 16

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Well, I guess in two weeks we'll know what's up ahead to be the next thing!
Tommy interview tonight:
http://t.co/eKzJXcdn
It seems some kind of announcement is soon to be heard (within 2 weeks tops).

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

nice find

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep seen this on facebook could be interesting

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:
Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

at least do Bon Jovi Numbers?? U do know Bon Jovi beat Lady Gaga for highest grossing tour last year right?

Might wanna double check but I do believe U2 had the highest grossing tour of 2011 out doing Bon Jovi by more than 100 million dollars.

shit sorry, meant 2010..

True, they were the highest grossing tour of 2010 but let's be real....

Bon Jovi: 69 shows = $147 million
U2: 22 shows = $132 million

The absolute tour kings of the world are U2. Even more so than the Stones.  To put it in perspective the two highest grossing tours of all time are

#1 U2 360: 110 shows, $736 million, 7.2 million fans
#2 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang: 144 shows, $591 million, 4.6 million fans

Bon Jovi is a  touring giant as well in their own right and I'm not so sure the way others are that a reunited Gn'R would equal them on the road let alone blow them out of the water. The Illusion tour doesn't even crack the top 35 highest grossing tours of all time.  A reunited Gn'R would put up incredible numbers but Bon Jovi is basically the 4th biggest touring act in the world behind U2, Rolling Stones and AC/DC so for anyone to say Gn'R wold blow them out fo the water might be a bit naive....  A reunited Gn'R cracking the top 5 with the above mentioned bands would be a massive accomplishment, one that I can't see happening.

Neemo wrote:

yeah well my dad can beat up your dad

My dad is a cop and beats people up for a living. Plus he carries a gun everyday.  16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

when's the supper bowl? two weeks? who is playing half time show @ it? madonna/nickleshite? maybe GnR?

hopefully something IS happening & something DOES happen & it's not just a load of horsecrap.
if it were gigs you'd think they'd have put tix on sale by now. unless it's those club gigs....??? who knows. probably nothing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer