You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Which do you feel is most likley

Axlin16 wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The next album needs to be on the front burner. That rice was ready 20 minutes ago. It's time to fuckin' eat.

You can wait until ol' uncle Axl is done in the bathroom washing his hands. Meanwhile, everyone else is at the dinner table waiting to eat. The rice will be served when uncle Axl comes to the table

Bullshit, i'm already eating. 22

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The next album needs to be on the front burner. That rice was ready 20 minutes ago. It's time to fuckin' eat.

You can wait until ol' uncle Axl is done in the bathroom washing his hands. Meanwhile, everyone else is at the dinner table waiting to eat. The rice will be served when uncle Axl comes to the table

Bullshit, i'm already eating. 22

Could you please pass the potatoes?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There all gone, but MSL's got the recipe.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

That sucks.  We're starving over here, and MSL ain't sharing shit.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:
-D- wrote:

GNR in some form must capitalize on this HOF pub. if they don't will be the dumbest thing They've ever done and that would be saying a shitload.

This is Beta's Trial by fire as a manager. if she can't capitalize on this, GNR are DONE IMO.

I agree. The HOF is GNR's "last moment" as a band. Let's be honest.

They don't even have to reunite to ride the wave. But they aren't gonna get that much momentum EVER AGAIN (trust me in a couple years when it dawns on you).

I don't see why the old band and the new band couldn't co-exist. A full-fledged reunion ain't happening (I personally don't think anybody even wants it outside of Steven).

But I don't see why IF they could be all happy and patch things up, and come full circle as bandmates and brothers again, why you couldn't have recurring special guest appearences by the old band at select shows, in addition to pushing the new band. I don't see why the writing forces couldn't be combined in-studio either to put together collective ideas. Izzy hasn't changed from 1991 all these years, Duff's doing his thing, Slash is basically a session musician writer/performer already.

GN'R could be a collective force under Axl Rose. It's Axl's baby anyways, and has been for years. They could truely use all this and become Axl's NIN.

And yet everybody gets to keep their day job. Axl does his thing, Slash does his, Izzy does his, Duff does his, and DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris still have GN'R and tour the world as such AND contribute to the band as well, AS WELL as the vault material from Robin/Bucket/Paul.

It works on all sides, as long as the artistic interest is there.

I don't see why you couldn't see this as writing credits on the next album...

Rose/Finck/Carroll/Mantia/Costanzo

Rose/Tobias

Rose/Stinson/Reed

Rose/Pitman

Rose/Stradlin

Rose/McKagan/Reed

Rose/Ashba/Thal/Fortus

Rose/Fortus

Rose/Fortus/Stinson/Pitman

Rose/Slash

Rose/Slash/Stradlin

Rose/Stradlin/McKagan

Rose/Caroll/Mantia

Let's just see what happens. I don't see at all why it wouldn't work short of just old fashioned ego's. Like I said -- this is Axl's band and has been for a long while. No reason to not just throw every ingredient into the pot and make delicious GN'R gumbo. This concept of the 2009-11 band as "this is a band"... bullshit. I heard all that shit in 2006-07 too, and also in 2001-02. GN'R hasn't been a band since 1991. Since it's been Axl's ship and whoever he wants on board.

I wish something like this would happen. In the words of Paul McCartney and John Lennon, "Life is very short, and there is no time for fussing and fighting my friends." This would be the perfect launch of a new era and ending all the previous eras and the shadow of Chinese and all the previous bickering behind them. This seems more possible now than ever before. Everyone seems to have cooled down. I respect Steven; but really I wish he would stop bringing crap up and just let the event happen and go with the flow. Everybody is just going to wing it. Now we just wait till the ceremony for Axl & Izzy to show up with the rest of the lineup and alumni.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Current band will release an album in 2018 at the earlest thats not bad only 10 years inbetween albums

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I went with #3 also Tejas. A couple weeks ago, maybe a month... I would've said 'current band tours and releases album in 2012'.

The whole momentum SEEMED to be heading that way. I don't know if it's just me being on the fence, and going with the other option this time, but it just doesn't FEEL in my gut right now that an album is on the horizon at all.

Axl seems to be in cashgrab mode again, and is gonna continue to milk the U.S. for the rest of the spring, and probably head back to Europe for Chinese tour III for them.

Unless Axl has the album already done, they're gonna use "we're on the road" as another excuse to delay music even further, short of a whipped up single or EP to tide over starved fans.

Neither of those "original band" options are happening. Maybe some guest appearences here in there, but no full-fledged reunion is on the horizon short of the HOF and like I said, maybe some guest appearences. Bringing out Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven to close out the Ritz 2012 show with Paradise City would set that place a blaze.

monkeychow wrote:

Final album delivered early 2014 - label then takes 3-6 months to launch it as is their way - ETA May to October 2014

Fuck that with a 10-inch dick. FUCK that.

If that's the time table for the next GN'R album, then i'm retiring in the near future from the boards and being a fan.

I don't follow ANY artist, GN'R included for continuous hits shows. It's move towards new music or fuck off. Otherwise what's the point? If I were GN'R i'd operate the same.

Axl want show for RHOF ill buy everone on this forum a can of Dr pepper if he does big_smile

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Axl had his run at it. What we got was a ten year tour on an OK album and not much else.

Time is ticking, and he should just get over it and reunite with the original GNR. Instead he'll probably dick around for another year or so and release something with the "new" guys.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

With Beta at the helm of GNR there is no way she will want all of those 'equals' like Slash, Duff and Izzy at the table. She runs Axl and Axl runs GNR, that model has taken her 15 years to create, there is no way she'll be stepping off that gravy train.

I cannot imagine seasoned and experienced music businessmen like Slash and Duff wanting to enter into shit-eating deals with that set up no matter what's on offer. We harp on here about people making friends etc but I cannot help but notice how Slash and Duff now just seem plain confused with how the myth of the reunion has burned on.

I have no desire to hang with the girl that broke up with me 20 years ago yet she was my first love and meant everything at one time. In fact I still see her on Facebook and just shudder. I bet these guys all feel the same about the old lineup back together....too weird..

johndivney wrote:

we talk a lot about axl wasting time etc.

we spend a little less time discussing the possibility he may be done creatively.

Board footer