You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Bumblefoot on new GN'R album

otto wrote:

He was on a chat on the official site yesterday. Here's what got me the most:

[4:32 PM] soulmonster: uhm, serious question, next record: brand new songs or old CD session songs?

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: soul - both maybe? Really don't know. I'd bust out the Chi Dem stuff and start fresh and

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: fast.

[4:33 PM] bumblefoot1: Tis what I'd do. But I'm not running this.

''Going Down is Chi Dem era, kinda earthy, but let Axwell talk about it when he's ready''

Other stuff he posted:

About OMG
"Will prob do OMG eventually, we all know it.... don't know when, will be spontaneous"

About Izzy
"Izzy, lol! I remember facing him each night during Patience, with my volume knob down........I'd be showing him each chord before he had to play them, lol! And he wrote the song! I'm still not sure if Izzy was doing that to fuck with us or not. He seems like the kinda dude that pretends and is laughing inside. "

"Outta nowhere Izzy emailed me a picture of a new truck he got and asked me to email it to Axl. But the pic was like 100x50, this tiny little pic, wtf?"

About Axl
"Never heard Axl play guitar. And hopefully never will, lol. He's a great piano player. Greater singer"

About Old GN'R Songs
"Fave unplayed GNR song? Hmmmm... a few... would like to do Perfect Crime, We had it down in 07 with Robin along with Riff Raff but never played em"

About Kat
"Katarina is the first photographer to have her work seen.... she's fantastic, she gets more good shots in one show than I've seen some get in a whole tour."

About HOF
"RNRHOF? Waiting for them to induct Kiss."

About Back Injury
"Ditched my doctors and started fresh in NYC, got immediate results."

About Brain and Robin
" saw Brain in January in LA, had a few drinks at NAMM, been years....... Robin too, not since NIN was in NYC.. We'd email from time to time "

About a 2006 show
"Sebastian tells me the next day, "Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

About his Solo Spot
"Here's my prob with solos - people are there to hear GNR. But if I play GNR for a solo, they'll want it with Axl (of course....!) "

"I'll think about it.... plus I don't wanna bug the guys to learn my wacky songs. And if they fuck up my song I'll stab them again, so it's best to just avoid the whole thing. lol"

He will spend the time before euro tour trying to get better from the injury and stop using drugs during shows. No studio time.
Caram and Axl chomped his solos on CD, most of them are pieces from various takes and he had to relearn them to play live.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Cliffs: Izzy is still the man.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

*Insert negative comment here*
*Insert something passive aggressive about Slash here*

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

"Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

that's funny.....

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

He was on a chat on the official site yesterday. Here's what got me the most:

[4:32 PM] soulmonster: uhm, serious question, next record: brand new songs or old CD session songs?

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: soul - both maybe? Really don't know. I'd bust out the Chi Dem stuff and start fresh and

[4:32 PM] bumblefoot1: fast.

[4:33 PM] bumblefoot1: Tis what I'd do. But I'm not running this.

''Going Down is Chi Dem era, kinda earthy, but let Axwell talk about it when he's ready''

Other stuff he posted:

About OMG
"Will prob do OMG eventually, we all know it.... don't know when, will be spontaneous"

About Izzy
"Izzy, lol! I remember facing him each night during Patience, with my volume knob down........I'd be showing him each chord before he had to play them, lol! And he wrote the song! I'm still not sure if Izzy was doing that to fuck with us or not. He seems like the kinda dude that pretends and is laughing inside. "

"Outta nowhere Izzy emailed me a picture of a new truck he got and asked me to email it to Axl. But the pic was like 100x50, this tiny little pic, wtf?"

About Axl
"Never heard Axl play guitar. And hopefully never will, lol. He's a great piano player. Greater singer"

About Old GN'R Songs
"Fave unplayed GNR song? Hmmmm... a few... would like to do Perfect Crime, We had it down in 07 with Robin along with Riff Raff but never played em"

About Kat
"Katarina is the first photographer to have her work seen.... she's fantastic, she gets more good shots in one show than I've seen some get in a whole tour."

About HOF
"RNRHOF? Waiting for them to induct Kiss."

About Back Injury
"Ditched my doctors and started fresh in NYC, got immediate results."

About Brain and Robin
" saw Brain in January in LA, had a few drinks at NAMM, been years....... Robin too, not since NIN was in NYC.. We'd email from time to time "

About a 2006 show
"Sebastian tells me the next day, "Dude, I got a text from Axl that said.....Bumble just tried to kill half the band. I finally feel like I'm in a rock band again."

About his Solo Spot
"Here's my prob with solos - people are there to hear GNR. But if I play GNR for a solo, they'll want it with Axl (of course....!) "

"I'll think about it.... plus I don't wanna bug the guys to learn my wacky songs. And if they fuck up my song I'll stab them again, so it's best to just avoid the whole thing. lol"

He will spend the time before euro tour trying to get better from the injury and stop using drugs during shows. No studio time.
Caram and Axl chomped his solos on CD, most of them are pieces from various takes and he had to relearn them to play live.

Thank you very much for rounding this up and posting here. Besides just being nice, I always like how direct Ron is about stuff. Dude pretty much tells fans everything he can which is pretty damn cool of him. As we've seen with past and current members of GN'R, they don't have to do that.

I have nothing but the up most respect for the guy.  Ron's an awesome dude and guitarist.  It's great that he is providing us with some information and back story on what's going on. big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Would love to hear Perfect Crime played too, great song!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah..out of the GNR catalog already, Yesterdays, Perfect Crime, and OMG would be perfect substitutes for some of the covers during the next few tours.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's really interesting how Axl constructs the guitar solos out of various takes. We knew he did this with Brian may and catcher but seems it's more common.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

+1 Karma for Otto.

So, now he admits Going Down IS a new song and it isn't a Freddy King cover.  Nice. I wonder what he means by "eathry."

That footage of Izzy backstage in 2006 looks like he's having a blast with the band. If he's fucking with people that's hilarious.

Board footer