You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Respect

Axlin16 wrote:
Stacey wrote:

You guys. I don't think you're getting my point here.

I'm really not worried about the words you're using. I'm offended by the way you're using them.

Is that not clear?

I understand Stace, I just think we find ourselves coming back to good old fashioned "Axlin inflection factor" coming into play. I got my ass into alot of trouble here early on because people didn't quite understand my sense of humor, until it took time passing to really get it.

I think the female derogatory terms are the same. It might be hard to convey that inflection.

I don't see alot of guys around here use those terms derogative towards women, but then again i'm not reading it through a woman's eyes.

I personally have no interest in talking to a woman that way. I don't like it. Even the whores think i'm a nice guy. Sometimes it's a bad thing, lol.

Usually if I ever use those kinda of dirty terms, alot of times I make jokes referring to myself in that manner with sexual innuendo. I think it alot of the time is all in good humor.

But again, that inflection thing is a bitch. It literally took a couple years... YEARS... for people to kinda get that about me. The internet is a tough place to project that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

pussy-whipped ^

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He should be. He's finally found a woman that will go backstage with him, get in DJ Ashba's face, and go "why did you fuck up Robin's solo on This I Love"

He's hooked for life brother. finck

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

At the end of the day we probably just need common sense and balance.

As I said earlier, I don't think expressing sexuality should automatically be deemed to mean that a person doesn't also have respect for women too. I like my girlfriend's body because as a male I'm visually stimulated, it doesn't mean I don't respect that she's also highly intelligent and a great person and so on. It's just one aspect of her.

So to me threads where people say that they're attracted to a a celebrity who acts or sings or something is sort of like if Russ goes "I love Vegas and the beautiful lights" and I reply "yeah, and the food is amazing, hmmm...those meals....".

The fact I'm obsessed with the food aspect doesn't mean I don't also value the lights.

That said, I can see that there's a level of degree to these things, if I make every thread about food when people are trying to talk about something else then it would get pretty annoying I suppose.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Women are certainly more classy about these things, but you don't see chicks talking about what a great personality Brad Pitt seems to have either. You wanna get boned by him, hard. Same thing. I'm sure those who like the guy for his acting don't particularly fancy all the teenage girls bleeding out at his boards.

And come on, this is a GN'R board. I'm sure you knew there wasn't too many priests and hair dressers to be found hanging. Men will be men, especially at a place where a song named TWAT is hailed as a great work of art. Doesn't mean our attitudes are quite as base in real life.

Board footer