You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Recommended Superhero / Monster Movies?

Will wrote:

Been watching loads of superhero and monster movies lately but I'm starting to run out of ideas. Hoping some of our members can recommend more movies of a similiar genre to the following (all of which I've seen and 90% I've enjoyed)

Batman 1, 2, 3, 4, Begins, Dark Knight
Transformers 1 & 2
Iron Man 1 & 2
Godzilla (US 1998)
Spiderman 1 & 2
Ghostbusters 1 & 2
King Kong (Jack Black one)
Kickass
X-Men 1, 2, 3
Incredibles
The Mask
Hellboy
Cloverfield
Fantastic Four
Superhero Movie

On My To Watch List Already:

Hellboy 2
Hulk
Incredible Hulk
Spiderman 3

Interested in anything like the above which is already released on DVD 5

Oh and for the record "Batman & Robin" is as shite today as it was when first released 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I love Jackson's version of King Kong. I hate it when people bitch about the amount of time. Such a polished and worth remake. Great acting, suspense, and heart to the film. Avatar is really good. Watchmen is pretty good for the most part; but the acting could be better. Sam Raimi's Darkman is an interesting film. If you liked the X-Men film series, you'll love First Class.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Watchmen is pretty good for the most part

I'd recommend this one too. The Edward Norton Hulk and Will Smiths Hancock are also alright.

Lomax wrote:

Everyone talks about the dark knight trilogy as though it's some kind of "dark twist" on the hero story.
This personally pisses me off.

If you want the perfect, the all time perfect superhero watch "Punisher:War-Zone" That's the 2008 one with Ray Stevenson. Fucking immense.
If you're looking for something else in that vein try Spawn, it's shit really, but a cool concept that is somewhat borrowed from the works of C.S. Lewis (maybe).

Seriously though Punisher:War-Zone is the perfect hero flick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liABMxEvPAc

Also if you get the chance at some point take a look at the new "dredd" movie. It's like a less violent but better written punisher.

Frank Castle, the "Hero" of the punisher series, is a card carrying psychopath. Dredd is too of course, but he's more limited being in law enforcement and all.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I just watched all the avengers tie in over the last month

Hulk
Incredible hulk
Iron man 1&2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers...they were ok

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Definitely Avengers Assemble, and you can easily watch it without seeing all the tie in films as well. I'd also echo the Watchman and Avatar suggestions, I really liked them. Sin City is worth a watch as well

Lomax wrote:

Where were on the subject just saw this 10min long "Punisher" short fan made movie. The fans who made the movie are Thomas Jane and Ron Pearlman it's quite good:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Board footer