You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: American Horror Story

James wrote:

Not really digging this season but not giving up yet. Anne Frank entering the equation with that sadistic doctor has a LOT of promise. That came out of left field.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Agreed. As for me, I really like the season alot despite it's problems with overindulgence in too many horror arch types and sub plots and Dr. Arden's increased over the topness and negative changes in character. But..I'm not the only one who feels that way with this season. The big issue is with all that's going on within the asylum's grounds you only care about a few characters while you know the rest of them could really go fuck themselves. The characters I want to see push through to the end are Kit and Lana (Sarah Paulson's character). Since Kit definitely got a boost in character in that last episode and i think it fixed some of the problems with the third episode which was going way too far out there.

IGN I mostly use to reflect my own thoughts with their episodic reviews on the season thus far. I can agree on some of their criticisms. I think Sister Jude improved within the last couple minutes of Anne Frank pt. 1 episode too giving her some better changes to her besides being kind of hypocrite and a hard ass. Jessica Lange will always be a treasure with this series despite its flaws.

One last thing to point out is that even watching the first series with the house, the first few episodes had a way too number of subplots going on and some of the characters took awhile to grow with. I had to re-watch some of the first few episodes to see why. The pilot wasn't perfect and I think the scares (..and I mean occurrences that could make your skin crawl) was probably was the house intrusion and Halloween pt. 1 & 2. That's when the show got really good.

I just don't want this series to run out of any original ideas after Asylum ends since they are using a little too much. I'll see what happens next and hoping this good turn around will help answer questions. They just need to slow things down and make some of these sub plots work when they come up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great points. As far as a season 3 goes, I wouldn't mind going the Asian horror route but have the season set in WWII era China, Japan, or one of the many Japanese conquered territories. Use a labor camp or even just a house. Throw in the "fog of war" with the supernatural and the sky is the limit.

Me_Wise_Magic

Kim Thayil's Beard wrote:

Great points. As far as a season 3 goes, I wouldn't mind going the Asian horror route but have the season set in WWII era China, Japan, or one of the many Japanese conquered territories. Use a labor camp or even just a house. Throw in the "fog of war" with the supernatural and the sky is the limit.

Thanks man! Cool ideas. That would be a unique location for a fresh set of suspense and mystery. I agree on doing a WWII era timeline even though they are using some 1940s jumps within this show, the current year, and the early 1960s. It's all right to do time flashes as long as it flows within the show and it doesn't becoming a gimmick throughout the whole show. The first season did several switches; but it worked because it gave the ghost's backstory and showed some character development. Mostly Tate (1994 school shooting) and the other murderers or victims that became ghosts.

I would love a true 1930s or roaring 20s setting cause that could be really cool for a horror anthology. The atmosphere of it. Another period that could completely work is the mid 70s or early 80s too. Especially in the 70s with alot of dark music and culture starting to come out into the wood works. I just don't know how they would pull of villain or main monster without retreading the same themes as before. Anything but Serial Killers, Zombies or Aliens. They could try ghosts again; but add something else to it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love this season. It doesn't have as many Soap Opera moments the last season had. The French chick is hot. I'm glad to see they're pushing Kit's character again. The masturbation scene was probably the most raunchy moment of the series so far. And I want to see where this alien thing goes. And I hope they continue with some plot in the modern era. I wish the girl could have lasted a little longer. I'm wondering if Spock is going to be a villain... Why in the world would he give her the picture of her girlfriend if he wasn't setting her up?

I'd like to see a huanted hotel, ala The Shining for season three.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

I love this season. It doesn't have as many Soap Opera moments the last season had. The French chick is hot. I'm glad to see they're pushing Kit's character again. The masturbation scene was probably the most raunchy moment of the series so far. And I want to see where this alien thing goes. And I hope they continue with some plot in the modern era. I wish the girl could have lasted a little longer. I'm wondering if Spock is going to be a villain... Why in the world would he give her the picture of her girlfriend if he wasn't setting her up?

I'd like to see a huanted hotel, ala The Shining for season three.

Yeah I didn't care for some of the soap opera moments that shrunk some of the intensity of the first series. The whole who is the baby daddy kind of crap. Agreed my friend. Grace (Lizzie) is very fine! 11 They did alot with her character the last episode with her being truly a psychopath. Still sexy though. I want to see the alien subplot work great too. I just want it to be effective without going off the deep end. At least it's not out of left field or random. Because alot of the horrors in the asylum are based off legitimate fears and shocks to people during this time. People didn't know how to handle some of these behaviors or feelings besides throwing them into a padded cell. Good points, ID. Like Jessica Lange, Evan is a true talent to this series. He brings so much to this show and always brings sympathy and understanding to both Tate and Kit.  A haunted hotel could work too next time. Even though ABC has a similar concept with 666 Park Avenue.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Damn what an episode. It looks like everything is starting to come together and it's ready to kick some more ass. I don't want to spoil anything for you guys; so feel free to watch the episode and let me know if it's cool to discuss on what the hell just happened. smile

Russ, you can share your thoughts & opinions my friend. It's a discussion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

You'll thoroughly enjoy the new episode. It adds a few new tricks to the series organization. That is a strong theory that does leave room for analysis and thoughts while this season continues.

Board footer