You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: 9/11

How many good, normal Americans have been detained or harmed by these laws?  Stories from infowars.com don't count (not suggesting you would try to get stuff from there).  I have yet to hear of one innocent American who has been a victim of the Patriot Act.  I support the Constitution as much as and probably moreso than most people here, so don't try to throw that shit in my face.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The Constitution has been invalidated by the Patriot Act. The Government can detain you for any reason at any time. You'll have no right to counsel and they don't have to tell you the charge. In theory you can be held till you die without seeing a jury.

And you wonder why you've never heard about anyone experiencing this? Well, no shit when they don't have to tell us.

But there are stories of this happening, some of which I've posted before. Who knows how many incidents we don't know about.

If they can do something, eventually they will do something.

Are you willing to put your trust in the government to not violate your rights when they're allowed to do so?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The stories you posted are of non-american citizens being kept in an airport security room for  a day because they violated their visa on their last stay.  Hardly the gestapo tactics you would want us to believe.  I agree that the patriot act isn't perfect, but only non-citizens who were found in a combat zone have been detained; they don't incur constiutional protection anyway.  Besides, even if you did have stories of people being illegally detained and whatever else you want to add the story, how can you show it was the government who nabbed them?  That's the problem with alot of these sources.  There are people who want to believe this shit so they make up videos that the ignorant masses buy into, case and point the video that was floating around a few months ago that was supposedly a guide on how to waterboard people.  The supposed officer wasn't even in a proper uniform.  Anyone who knows shit about the military would recognize that, but zealous believers in american fascism wouldn't have a clue and pass it on as legitimate.

Board footer