You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Does Axl Rose believe the earth is flat?

Will wrote:

From the Chinese Democracy "Red Hand" booklet:

flatearth.jpg

theflatearthsociety.org wrote:

Mission Statement

The mission of the Flat Earth Society is to promote and initiate discussion of Flat Earth theory as well as archive Flat Earth literature. Our forums act as a venue to encourage free thinking and debate.

The modern age of the Flat Earth Society dates back to the early 1800s, when it was founded by Samuel Birley Rowbotham, an English inventor. Samuel Rowbotham's Flat Earth views were based largely on literal interpretation of Bible passages. His system, called Zetetic Astronomy, held that the earth is a flat disk centered at the North Pole and bounded along its 'southern' edge by a wall of ice, with the sun, moon, planets, and stars only a few hundred miles above the surface of the earth.

Source: theflatearthsociety.org

Flat_earth.png

Does Axl believe the earth is flat? 10 Anyone here believe the earth is flat?

You can see the full "Red Hand" Chinese Democracy artwork at http://troccolitm.com/CDChiDemRedHand.html

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

If I smoke enough of the good stuff I tend to get into the hollow earth theory. So kinda the same. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's very strange. I was trying to think of how this flat earth concept could relate to the fans or even Slash. My Mind's a blank. I don't remember Axl ever mentioning such a thing in interviews.

Will

Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's very strange. I was trying to think of how this flat earth concept could relate to the fans or even Slash. My Mind's a blank. I don't remember Axl ever mentioning such a thing in interviews.

Don't remember it ever being mentioned either. I'm not mocking his beliefs, but I am questioning whether Axl genuinely has this belief or if the forum link was included for other reasons. Perhaps only to stir free thinking and debate which the advertised forum claims to offer?

In an article I read to learn a bit more about Flat Earth Society a few lines jumped out which could relate to the Chi Dem album, but I think any link is probably just a fan seeing what they want to see.

Flat-earthers are more adamant that the Earth is flat than most people are that the Earth is round, probably because the rest of us feel we have nothing to prove

All conspiracy theories share a basic thrust: They present an alternative theory about an important issue or event, and construct an (often) vague explanation for why someone is covering up that "true" version of events. "One of the major points of appeal is that they explain a big event but often without going into details. A lot of the power lies in the fact that they are vague."

There are also probably some who thought the certificate would be kind of funny to have on their wall.

Source: Are Flat Earthers Being Serious?

I don't know. Maybe he was introduced to this in Sedona? Just thought it was interesting so thought I'd post something about it here

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think it's serious. Look around the forum which the link is to, not the front page. Some of those threads are parody.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I feel like this is the kind of thing Axl would make a joke over. He has a weird sense of humor in press releases and twitter...

Then again maybe he believes in it. Lol.

Will

Will wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think it's serious. Look around the forum which the link is to, not the front page. Some of those threads are parody.

I did read some of it and it made no sense whatsoever, a bit like Scientology neutral

-Jack- wrote:

I feel like this is the kind of thing Axl would make a joke over. He has a weird sense of humor in press releases and twitter...

Then again maybe he believes in it. Lol.

We're talking about someone who has:

a) Apparently paid $1,000,000 to have an exorcism
b) Had "Yoda" do psychic readings of photos to sniff out any bad karma around Axl

Interesting that Yoda is thanked on the same page of the Chi Dem book above: "In memory of Sharon Maynard".

Classic Rocks headline all those years ago was spot on:

CDCknd_WIAAwNMr.jpg

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

This is clearly a joke. For a touring musician who has circled the whole world with flights several of times, it is literally impossible to believe something like that. If it wasn't a joke per se, than a freedome of thought provocation.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Vale wrote:

This is clearly a joke. For a touring musician who has circled the whole world with flights several of times, it is literally impossible to believe something like that. If it wasn't a joke per se, than a freedome of thought provocation.

Flat Earth Society has airline pilots as members, so I doubt that.

The rest of those links look like genuine interests so I think Axl actually entertains the idea.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Vale wrote:

Flat Earth Society has airline pilots as members, so I doubt that.

The rest of those links look like genuine interests so I think Axl actually entertains the idea.

I actually wasted some time and read a little bit into that hompage now. The whole thing is so ridiculous that it almost hurts. For the sake of humanity I truly hope that it is a parody.

As far as pilots being members, either they are ironically so, or they have some kind of mental health issues. If they actually mean it, they surely are psychologically or maybe even cognitively unable to fly a plane.

Board footer