You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Dissecting Chinese Democracy: Track 9 - Riad N' The Bedouins

Neemo wrote:

^ Image from troccoli's website which has a little more background info on Riad smile

Nice find!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Re: Schnausson @ Atari

There is no doubt that the clips are taken from these songs...but it all comes down to whether the producer/artist/engineers obtained the correct copyright agreements

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Are we going to talk about?

Well,

the original complaint can be read here.
It was filed on Oct 2nd, 2009.

On March 10th, 2010, Schnauss complained the Guns/Geffen lawyers were stalling.

Defendant’s motion to dismiss the Complaint ... is premised on the erroneous contention that Plaintiffs are required, in the initial pleading, to establish and prove every possible aspect of their copyright  infringement claim that may arise.

Using the case number (09 Civ. 8400), I found a scheduling for it.

It was ordered on June 3rd, 2011, over a year later. The last date set on the schedule, following "expert" testimonies, was Nov 23rd, 2011 (for serving dispositive motions of liability). That last date was Axl's chance to say they have no case. Ironically, the CD 2-year anniversary.

You can prolly check the court archives with the case number if you want to plough ahead.

AtariLegend wrote:

So we don't know the results of the case? I essentially just googled the case no. and none of the case files were after that date.

This is the only one of interest https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/d … /352891/15, but it's not of new information. I know we discussed this though on the forum years back http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=7343, but I can't remember the exciting outcome? tongue

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

As said, register an account for PACER and search the case #, in case you're curious.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I'm actually a fan of Ulrich Schnauss, and I think Riad is an underrated track overall.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I get Praxis vibes from this too but these are more overt

There was also some Beatles reference if I remember a Bumble interview correctly

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

There was also some Beatles reference if I remember a Bumble interview correctly

the story is that axl and bumblefoot were eating hamburgers and jamming on rhiad. axl turned to bumblefoot and told him a part of the song reminded him of "hey bulldog" by the beatles. i played each song back to back one time with my girlfriend.... we had no fuckin' idea what ax was talking about.

i have to say, though -- i never liked rhiad until very recently. the live performances of the song were just so goddamn awful with axl's helium vocals. the studio version is a damn monster, though. the chorus is powerful as fuck. can't believe i'm saying this, but it's grown to be one of the highlights of the album for me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

can't believe i'm saying this, but it's grown to be one of the highlights of the album for me.

Glad it's not just me.

All my GNR mates hate this song, but I listen to that vocal melody and the power of Axl's voice in it and I think it's awesome.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The drums and bass are killer and it feels like a rock n' rollercoaster.

Board footer