You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James wrote:

Muse would be a good choice.  Isn't Alice Cooper on his own tour?  If its Cooper on one leg, what's next....KISS? 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James Lofton wrote:

Muse would be a good choice.  Isn't Alice Cooper on his own tour?  If its Cooper on one leg, what's next....KISS? 16

The reason why I say Alice is because he has history with the band. He recorded with them. He also was one of the big advocates for the reunion in the past and I think recommended Bob Ezrin to help out with CD. Since Bob helped get the original Alice Cooper band to where they were in the studio as well as Alice's solo career. Yes he does his own tours; but he doesn't mind sharing the stage with other big acts. He did it for Motley and Iron Maiden awhile ago. He's done it all especially the festival circuit. Muse or even the Killers would be cool too.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I think recommended Bob Ezrin to help out with CD.

Yeah and look where that got us....  16

slashsfro
 Rep: 50 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I think recommended Bob Ezrin to help out with CD.

Yeah and look where that got us....  16

Would you say he was wrong in his assessment of CD?

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I think recommended Bob Ezrin to help out with CD.

Yeah and look where that got us....  16

Would you say he was wrong in his assessment of CD?

Tough question. While I definitely think there are more than three good songs on the album I can understand to an extent why he would say that. I also assume he was comparing the material to old GNR but he shouldn't have been expecting anything like that.

Scary thing about his assessment is he heard all the material at the time and wasn't judging just the songs we've heard. I do wish in hindsight that Axl had never asked him to take a look at it because that seems to have set some things into motion and none of it helped the project. It hit a brick wall. It led to Baker's involvement if I have the timeline correct.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I think recommended Bob Ezrin to help out with CD.

Yeah and look where that got us....  16

Would you say he was wrong in his assessment of CD?

Absolutely he was wrong. And a bit sleazy. Bob likes to get writing credit for publishing fees and play on the albums he produces. Look at his track record. There was a reason he wanted them to start over. He went on to produce Strays by Jane's Addiction and Army Of Anyone, getting writing credit on nearly every song on those albums. CD is a solid album.

And it's been said one of those three songs he liked was Shackler's. I like the song but its always a specific target by people who diss the album .

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

And it's been said one of those three songs he liked was Shackler's. I like the song but its always a specific target by people who diss the album .

Interesting. So he was all for a more modern sounding GNR?

Bob likes to get writing credit for publishing fees and play on the albums he produces.

I hadn't even thought of it in those terms. That's fucked up. So THAT might be the sole reason he told Axl that it wasn't finished?


Crazy.

There will NEVER be another project like Chinese Democracy.


I REALLY want to hear that 2001 version of CD. Axl considered it ready.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

misterID wrote:

It makes sense why he might have liked Shacklers if you listen to Strays. He stripped away the art funk and made them more modern (great term BTW) hard rock.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

supaplex wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Does the opening act have to be a modern rock group?  I was thinking about Alice Cooper as an opener but then he's in the same "nostalgia" vein as GNR.  On the other hand, he's still a great vocalist unlike others (cough...Vince Neil).

Alice Cooper is in Europe for the summer festivals so i think that's a no go.

Foo Fighters sounds really interesting, they're well respected among the rock/mainstream music crowd.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

Rex wrote:

Doesn't Dave Grohl have some kind of beef with Axl? Not sure Foo Fighters would be the best choice.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB