You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: So... new music

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't Damn Me would blow out Axl's voice for good.

Maybe, maybe not. People said the same thing about Cornell and Birth Ritual before the reunion but they wound up playing it a few times.

All roads lead back to Soundgarden

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Fuck CD and VR. I want some of those UYI tracks that were barely ever played live, such as Coma.

Me too, but honestly I'll take whatever they're dishing out. I think it'd be quite interesting to hear Slash on some CD songs and Axl on VR tunes. Would love to hear them bust out "Messages" since it was only a B side VR tune. Maybe it could get the respect I think it deserves once and for all.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't Damn Me would blow out Axl's voice for good.

Maybe, maybe not. People said the same thing about Cornell and Birth Ritual before the reunion but they wound up playing it a few times.

All roads lead back to Soundgarden

yikes Lofton loves to bring SG into everything. But I am fine with that. Talking about GNR is good no matter that road you take. But damn it is funny at times. Lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Rehearsing in Seattle?  *insert Soundgarden reference here*

Hard to imagine CD/VR songs being thrown into the mix. They have plenty of songs to come up with a killer set list.  Some tribute to Weiland does make sense though. Nothing they do will surprise me. 1987-93 GNR was known for its unpredictability.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Did I just read a rumor that they're rehearsing in Seattle, and Uncle Axl sang Fall To Pieces?

If they did that song live, as a tribute to Scott, my fucking heart would melt. Maybe this "hybrid lineup" is gonna bang out some VR/CD stuff?

This I Love with Slash for the fucking win.

As much as I love TIL (and I have good reasons to, finck ) I would like this lineup to play lots  of old GNR songs... That's what I expect from them.  I want to hear Slash play songs he worked on because I didn't have the opportunity to see the band in the good old days. Most of Appetite as well as some of UYI. I want to hear Estranged and Dead Horse and Locomotive (one of my favorites)... Get In The Ring! Bad Obsession! Dust n' Bones! There are so many of them. They really should do 4 hour shows, 16

Nik
 Rep: 6 

Nik wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think it'd be quite interesting to hear Slash on some CD songs and Axl on VR tunes.

No. No. Please, no.

James

James wrote:
julita wrote:

I would like this lineup to play lots  of old GNR songs...

Don't worry.....they will. 16 Its interesting how the potential for a set list gets MORE interesting bringing the old guys back into the mix.

I don't understand why any hardcore new GNR fans would resist a reunion. It was 99% nostalgia with a very limited set list that got stale years ago. You bring up some good options and there's also TSI to work with as well if they choose to do so.

Sure...they'll focus on AFD especially with the anniversary coming up. So did new GNR in its entire run but clearly AFD is more relevant in the current equation. They can finally dig really deep into UYI as well. I'm hoping for rotating set lists where different deep cuts get played on different nights.

People also worry about his voice holding up. THis is where Duff and Izzy can come in handy. Sprinkle Dust N Bones, 14 Years, DTJ, So Fine, Raw Power, etc. throughout the set. Hell...have Slash bust out Buick Makane.

As much as I love TIL

I don't think there'll ever be a more polarizing GNR track. I'm in the group that likes Finck but hates that solo.

Nik wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think it'd be quite interesting to hear Slash on some CD songs and Axl on VR tunes.

No. No. Please, no.

I'm not a big fan of that idea either.

When the SG reunion happened there were actually a handful of people that wanted them to play Audioslave songs. They didn't. Why? Because there was no reason to. 16 AS had a handful of hits but when people go to a show of this magnitude they aren't really there to hear solo material.

I'm not really interested in CD songs being played unless they are new ones.

ONE CD song I'd like to hear once during this reunion is TIL. The song begs for a Slash solo and since it originates back to the UYI era I'd like to hear his take on it. If he never put down a solo for it back then, forget it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want to hear Slash on CD and TWAT.

Looks like they're prepping the website for something new soon.

http://www.gunsnroses.com/bio

Edit
http://www.gunsnroses.com/discography

James

James wrote:

If this has been brewing most of 2015(or earlier), how does this Duff/Izzy info play into it?

Former Guns N’ Roses bandmates Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin are reportedly in the studio together.
The duo recently collaborated on a new song, “How to Be a Man,” which serves as the title track to an EP McKagan released concurrently with his latest book, a collection of essays titled How to Be a Man (And Other Illusions). According to McKagan, he and Stradlin fell back together naturally.

“We were talking on the phone, and [Stradlin] said, ‘Let’s go record a song,” McKagan recalled earlier this year. Asked whether they’d be up for more music, he was positive yet noncommittal, saying, “We’ll probably do it some more. We’re gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other’s company. We’re allowed to do that.”

Stradlin, whose latest solo effort is 2010’s Wave of Heat LP, has stayed mostly under the radar lately, though he and McKagan have both played stray shows with Guns N’ Roses at various points in recent years. Details of the new project are still unclear, but during a recent conversation with Classic Rock Magazine, McKagan made it clear he’d be content to continue working with Stradlin indefinitely.
“I really trust whatever he does. If he says, ‘I’ve got a part,’ I know he’s got a part. It’s not like, ‘Let me hear it.’ It’s like, ‘He’s got the part. Good – that’s taken care of,'” he explained. “I’d like to do more music with him. For the rest of my life.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/duff-mck … ck=tsmclip

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Just listened to that Duff/Izzy song "How to Be a Man." Really damn good. Throw in Slash/Axl and could be amazing. I hope we can get an album from the 4 of them.

Board footer