You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

Re: Just an idea - its 3am, bear with me

AndyShores wrote:

People have talked of a potential nod to Scott Weiland based on rehearsal rumor, and I got to thinking of Lemmy since I know Slash was very close with him.  So I was listening to some Motorhead as well as Ozzy, remembered that Lemmy wrote the majority of See You On The Other Side, and it hit me - it would not only be a fitting tribute, but good god an Axl rendition of that song would be incredible.  Hey, a guy can dream.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Guns recently played Marseilles in tribute to the late Doc Neeson of The Angels.

Lemmy was from Stoke, like Slash. There's bound to be a song in the Motörhead back catalogue that would fit. See You on the Other Side would be a good choice, tho.

I'm almost positive Axl and Kimmel will touch upon the subject of Lemmy next week.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I think both will be paid tribute to. I don't think the guys are as hung up about playing each others songs, as some think. I reckon they're likely to be more selective about their own material. Like Axl will be more reluctant for Duff/Slash to play some CD songs, and verse versa.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Would be funny if Axl sang, "I ain't no nice guy after all".

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

I could actually see that happening, Axl's got the sense of humor to see the awesomeness that that'd bring

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

As usual, Knockin on Heavens Door will be used to tribute the ones who've passed.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
otto wrote:

As usual, Knockin on Heavens Door will be used to tribute the ones who've passed.

I was hoping that song would be finally left off the set list. 16

I'd love to hear Axl sing See You on the Other Side. Great choice man. Slash and the band could definitely drive it home too behind Axl.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

"The Last Fight" would be classy/cool.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

After listening to it I could easily see that Motorhead track being performed. Not nightly but at least early in the tour. Thanks for posting it. I had completely forgot about that song. I can picture a Motorhead tribute more than a Weiland tribute.

otto wrote:

Winner winner chicken dinner!

BLS-Pride wrote:
otto wrote:

I was hoping that song would be finally left off the set list. 16

Me too. It aint gonna happen though. Its too big. skydog will want to lynch me after saying this but KOHD has become a Guns song, not Dylan. Same with LALD. LALD should have been retired when he came back in 01 but unfortunately it wasn't.

I'd prefer most if not all covers were gone during a reunion tour. A rotation of deep cuts would be better than having to play a handful of popular covers every night. If playing covers, dig into TSI since they never toured that album.

Board footer