You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

misterID wrote:

Good lord, man, I'm friggn stoked about this. Fucking Steven Adler isn't going to dampen my excitement. SG, I think you might be more hung up on your original 5 info not being %100 correct and you got your hopes built up to an unattainable level. 2 out of 3 ain't bad... Or 3 out of 5... I mean, SLASH IS BACK IN GUNS N FUCKING ROSES.

And people are bitching... Am I like in bizarro world?

You were absolutely right about Slash coming back, when I thought it would be Finck. Get off your period, you were right. wink

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Slash and Duff rejoining Axl's band makes me think about this one:

“Slash came to inform Axl that: ’Duff was spineless,’ ’[Velvet Revolver frontman] Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,’ that he ’hates [Revolver drummer] Matt Sorum’ and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ’the stronger.’ ”

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

God knows how long Steven's body will truck on.

I'd expect Adler to be in Coachella. In the backstage, at least.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think Kushner will be involved. I think Mitch just picked it up from reports by click-bait sites that picked up on Daves tweets. You never know though, maybe he is.

As for Pitman he's been there since the late 90's and probably worked with Axl more than anyone else in the band (especially recently given the posts by Beta and Pitman being at Axl's multiple times). I really would have been surprised if he wasn't there.

it would make zero sense for Dave to be in a GNR reunion tour. He has never been in guns n roses. AT least with Fortus he has been in the band for close to 15 years.    And its not like Slash will ever split his solos with anyone like Finck and BH were doing or DJ and BBF.

Slash will play his solos and Fortus will do Izzys stuff or maybe the double slash guitar parts from the UYI stuff. There is no need for Dave at all.

Also with Izzy i could easily see him doing the two  Coachella shows then dropping in for some one off shows here and there.

i really hope he is not in.  Also would suck if its Frank but maybe just get Adler and let Frank be there incase Adler faulters or let Adler do the AFD stuff and Frank do the UYI stuff if Axl won't let Matt play

Ideal would be Adler and Matt.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

God knows how long Steven's body will truck on.

I'd expect Adler to be in Coachella. In the backstage, at least.

I have more an image of a washed up Pete Best hanging out around the hot dog stand.

Backstage? I could see him causing trouble within the first hour.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Slash and Duff rejoining Axl's band makes me think about this one:

“Slash came to inform Axl that: ’Duff was spineless,’ ’[Velvet Revolver frontman] Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,’ that he ’hates [Revolver drummer] Matt Sorum’ and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ’the stronger.’ ”

The end of that quote reads like some fantasy cooked up in Beta's mind.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was about to get my panties in a wad over the Kimmel thing but the Coachella announcement made that unnecessary. 14

I understand hardcore fans wanting different lineups for the reunion but when you get down to brass tacks this is the best GNR news we've had in the 21st century. Well I suppose you could make a case for Rio 01, leaks, and CD's release but NOW things are actually looking up. There's a legit possibility of new music to go along with the reunion and I don't see how anyone can balk at that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was about to get my panties in a wad over the Kimmel thing but the Coachella announcement made that unnecessary. 14

I understand hardcore fans wanting different lineups for the reunion but when you get down to brass tacks this is the best GNR news we've had in the 21st century. Well I suppose you could make a case for Rio 01, leaks, and CD's release but NOW things are actually looking up. There's a legit possibility of new music to go along with the reunion and I don't see how anyone can balk at that.

Yeah, those things are minor in the grand scheme of things.  As much as I'd like for Adler to be back I can understand why they would not do it for a full tour.  I don't really know why Pittman and Reed are there but it's a small trade off to see Slash, Duff and Axl perform together for the first time in 20+ years.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

People are bitching about a bloated lineup like they've never seen the fuckin UYI DVDs before. The only people that mattered on that stage were Duff, Slash, and Axl, and I'm pretty fuckin content to be seeing them on stage together again.

Board footer