You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Live Axl has been hit or miss back to when I saw them in 92. It's not like he has a legacy of live greatness to ruin.

Different level of hit or miss though. The misses back in the day were still decent at least (too much rasp or whatever but still powerful). The misses today are a total disaster where you can't even tell it's Axl Rose singing.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

No performance today can change the legacy.

I hope Axl is working to be at his best, but his best in recent years, while not what he was in the 90s, is still pretty damn good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Live Axl has been hit or miss back to when I saw them in 92. It's not like he has a legacy of live greatness to ruin.

Different level of hit or miss though. The misses back in the day were still decent at least (too much rasp or whatever but still powerful). The misses today are a total disaster where you can't even tell it's Axl Rose singing.

I have disagree, some of those old performances can be painful to hear and shows why he's so careful with his voice now. Hope he finds a happy medium.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have disagree, some of those old performances can be painful to hear and shows why he's so careful with his voice now. Hope he finds a happy medium.

Nothing worse than wheezing Mickey Mouse from recent years.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

1991 had a lot of rough performances. Way to much shreek and rasp

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

1991 had a lot of rough performances. Way to much shreek and rasp

No doubt there. I used to own a ton of those bootleg imports and a few of them were awful. Forgot which show but one of them was barely listenable. Opened with Perfect Crime and never recovered from there.  A few of those Sail Away Sweet Sister/Bad Time intros were nails on a chalkboard.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Estranged on live era sounds pretty awful, and that's probably studio Axl. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'll have to agree with tejastech. When young Axl was bad he still had power, when Mickey Mouse turns up...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I just hope he's in shape. '06 shape. His voice has always been hit or miss.

Tokyo '92:

Paris '92

Chicago '92

London '92

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Every one of those is a million times better than Rio 2011, Bridge School, Democracy DVD, and the vast majority of 2014. Give me powerful and raspy as hell compared to wheezing Mickey Mouse all day.

Board footer