You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: So whose back

AtariLegend wrote:

Where's Backslash and DoubleTalkinJive sad?

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wish monkeychow/monkeynuts would return he's really the only one I know & miss. You guys say he's on mygnr or whatever but I never go on those sites..

Who is monkeynuts? Or is this a nickname for me...Lol if it's an actual user then it's not me! smile

No it's you. Glad to see you back. Few threads could've used your input - there was one recently about Axl that reminded me of you.

What you make of it all? Were you aware/believing in the reunion for a while?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bono was banned, if I remember correctly, and if that were ever undone, you'd probably never see me again.

I can assure you Bri that you'll be able to post here until doomsday.

Monkey and I are good mates with Bono, and chat with him regularly these days, so we'd appreciate no one having a go at him or slandering him here.

If I told you how I felt about the captains of both sides of that bullshit I can assure you it wouldn't be slander. wink

My feelings are that its over, we don't have time machines, and there's no use in anyone bringing it up. I'm just glad that people who innocently got caught up in their drama who fled the scene are now coming back where they belong.

monkey I will be sending you a PM in three shakes of a lamb's tail. Many have missed you. I especially miss our heated debates of old about downloads impacting the music industry. You'd be surprised that I've come a tad closer to your stance since those days. Maybe I'll start a discussion about it in Black Hole.

Where's Backslash and DoubleTalkinJive

Due to the glitch a few months back there are some issues  where some Evo members cannot log in. BS is one of these people. Will is working on fixing it.

We're trying to contact DTJ. She hasn't posted at any GNR forums since she left here. The email addy we have is from 05.

DTJ...if you're browsing/lurking, send me a message.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

AWWWW...thanks! I did a couple of follow up Bugs Skully stuff where I got bumble to play a guest spot on 2 tracks...keep planning on putting them on youtube but havn't but they are on spotify or similar things if you use that smile

New Bugs Skully??  Awesome sause, can't wait to check it out!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wish monkeychow/monkeynuts would return he's really the only one I know & miss. You guys say he's on mygnr or whatever but I never go on those sites..

Who is monkeynuts? Or is this a nickname for me...Lol if it's an actual user then it's not me! smile

I have occasionally posted at MyGNR as "ChunderMonkey" but although it's good for news I could never handle all the 'troll' type posts - too many people I want to disagree with I don't know where to start over there lol.

johndivney wrote:

Don't understand why they go to those busier forums. Monkey was more appreciated & loved here.. Or maybe not, who knows really.

James Lofton wrote:

It's in the past and that's most definitely where it's going to stay.

Monkeychow has always been one of my all time favorite forum members and when coming back last year I was disappointed by his absence. I would love for him to come back and he's certainly welcome here.

Thanks guys! I'm happy to be back - I've missed this place - all that stuff in the past got out of hand and it's silly to let that spoil the online fun here....I probably should have come back ages ago.

Neemo wrote:

Monkeychow is awesome that'd be great if he would start posting here again

Thanks...you guys sure know how to make someone feel welcome smile

Also Smoking Guns was going to come after me if I didn't come back it seems wink wink

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I miss Monkey. He was one of the peace keepers and his track with Bugs Skully kicked ass.

AWWWW...thanks! I did a couple of follow up Bugs Skully stuff where I got bumble to play a guest spot on 2 tracks...keep planning on putting them on youtube but havn't but they are on spotify or similar things if you use that smile

Ah nice. I will check them out. It's awesome that Ron was a stand up guy to do that for your band. You are quite welcome. I've been working on some new music projects myself. Welcome back to the jungle my friend!! 5

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

good to see even more people coming back now

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Yeah i've been talking GNR 24/7 on facebook  with Gibbo, and a couple of other people from here for the past few years!

I've been very suspicious since DJ left at least.

When Bumble left I thought maybe the cancer scare was behind it - I mean he'd made it clear publicly he wanted GNR to record songs of the current band but that the plan seemed to be to finish of 1999 stuff first - he'd also been treated badly by management (my opinion after his accident) - so i figured the cancer scare made him think he should go back to his solo career and live life while he can.

But when DJ left I figured something was up....I didn't see how GNR's occasional short tours and festival shows every few years would possibly interfere with Sixx AM for DJ. Hell even if Nikki goes ahead and makes it full time it's hard to think GNR couldn't be fitted in at Rio or something and the cross promotion would be beneficial to both bands.

I guess it didn't make sense to me. Bumble was always an advent guard type guitarist so him leaving what had become a tribute show to do that made sense...DJ on the other hand is like us...a GNR/Motley fan who grew up to be in the band...in what world does someone walk on that....and like not to diminish him...but like where's he going to go....didn't make sense....

So since then I figured either axl was quitting entirely or we were getting a reunion.

To be honest i'm still not sure this isn't Axl's farewell tour. Hope not though - with any luck he'll drop another record with Slash!!!! But I dunno - I wouldn't be surprised if these shows were a last hurrah either...I don't think he's in the best of health from his public appearance...and if I was him i'd consider doing the reunion shows everyone wanted and taking my millions and retiring...but hey I hope i'm wrong as I love his songs and I can only dream of more material!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Some more people I'd like to see come back off the top of my head...

DCK

Tommie

-D-

Locomotive98

Gagarin

gnfnraxl

Scarlett

IRISH OS1R1S

strat0

LLL

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Yeah i've been talking GNR 24/7 on facebook  with Gibbo, and a couple of other people from here for the past few years!

I've been very suspicious since DJ left at least.

When Bumble left I thought maybe the cancer scare was behind it - I mean he'd made it clear publicly he wanted GNR to record songs of the current band but that the plan seemed to be to finish of 1999 stuff first - he'd also been treated badly by management (my opinion after his accident) - so i figured the cancer scare made him think he should go back to his solo career and live life while he can.

But when DJ left I figured something was up....I didn't see how GNR's occasional short tours and festival shows every few years would possibly interfere with Sixx AM for DJ. Hell even if Nikki goes ahead and makes it full time it's hard to think GNR couldn't be fitted in at Rio or something and the cross promotion would be beneficial to both bands.

I guess it didn't make sense to me. Bumble was always an advent guard type guitarist so him leaving what had become a tribute show to do that made sense...DJ on the other hand is like us...a GNR/Motley fan who grew up to be in the band...in what world does someone walk on that....and like not to diminish him...but like where's he going to go....didn't make sense....

So since then I figured either axl was quitting entirely or we were getting a reunion.

To be honest i'm still not sure this isn't Axl's farewell tour. Hope not though - with any luck he'll drop another record with Slash!!!! But I dunno - I wouldn't be surprised if these shows were a last hurrah either...I don't think he's in the best of health from his public appearance...and if I was him i'd consider doing the reunion shows everyone wanted and taking my millions and retiring...but hey I hope i'm wrong as I love his songs and I can only dream of more material!

Yea that seems to be more of less in keeping w/how the speculation unraveled round here too.. I trust you were of SG's infamous car wash incident which eventually blew the lid off the can of worms?

Anyway good to have you back. Can already see it in the other threads posts good stuff.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

New Bugs Skully??  Awesome sause, can't wait to check it out!

I listened to the new EP last night and was quite impressed. 9 Great tracks and killer musicianship. Defintely heard bumblefoot on them.

Board footer