You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Big Surprise - We're almost all on the same side!

apex-twin wrote:

Put it this way, it can hardly get worse than the 2011-14 era.
Axl out of depth. DJ in the band. Playing weddings and private shows.

I was a big CD supporter for a long time (with those '06-'07 top shows).
The myth, Axl the recluse studio rat, putting Brian Wilson into shame.

It came down to a Slash lookalike with Fat Elvis. A mockery of best intentions.
Still, Axl's got an uphill to climb. We'll see in Vegas how serious he is this time.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The lack of reaction to new GN'R falling apart is testament that people had stopped caring. It wasn't going anywhere and everybody knew it. All the fans were clamoring for was getting more material from the old CD sessions.

Reunion for once displayed a good move when staring into the abyss. How would the fan base cope with another 03-05 at this stage? With not even bass or lead guitar players? Perhaps facing actual disaster is what spurred Axl on, or he realized the reunion is a cookie he has to eat now before he gets too old.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DJ and Ron era was a real low point for me. At that point, I just wanted CD II, but even then, they would replace Bucket and Robin, the line up I totally bought into, so it was a bad situation ... Slash and Duff totally rejuvenated me as a fan.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

But I'm in the diehard Izzy camp where everything that took place without him during UYI Tour was not GN'R and whatever the fuck they're doing right now is not GN'R without him either.

Yea that's the 1% club there.

And what's the Adler or Bust club? 0.1%? 16

The ultimate in exclusivity!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Yea that's the 1% club there.

They are a loud bunch though. Go to any reunion article and it seems the Adler or Bust crowd is all over it. Hell, Izzy doesn't even get as much push as he should. Maybe it's because he stays completely out of the spotlight while Adler is always running his mouth, so I guess that is why he gets that support.

Strange though to see so many people think Adler is such a "nice" guy. Woman beater who sued his former bandmates and has repeatedly thrown them under the bus, including about 6 months ago in the case of Slash/Duff. So fucked up on drugs he couldn't even do basic drum tracks in the studio, while the other heroin and booze guys were kicking ass on their UYI parts. I just don't get the sympathy, especially given the fact this dude has received 15-20% of the royalties on Appetite.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

younggunner wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ and Ron era was a real low point for me. At that point, I just wanted CD II, but even then, they would replace Bucket and Robin, the line up I totally bought into, so it was a bad situation ... Slash and Duff totally rejuvenated me as a fan.

Same here. I was really at a point where I had become indifferent with Axl and GnR over the past few yeears. Thankfully, DJ and Bumble are out.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

They are a loud bunch though. Go to any reunion article and it seems the Adler or Bust crowd is all over it. Hell, Izzy doesn't even get as much push as he should. Maybe it's because he stays completely out of the spotlight while Adler is always running his mouth, so I guess that is why he gets that support.

Izzy doesn't get much push because he is notoriously unpredictable and his fans know he might not want to be involved depending on when it is and whats happening.   

Izzy knows he can come along if he wants, he's been doing it since 2006 - on his terms.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:

Yeah the fan "war" was really bad. Not just Axl vs Slash either. So many different factions and people being in various factions. Very unhealthy for the fan base.

Its like you HAD to take a position. Its all very strange when you look back on it. Like....I love both Axl and Slash but when pushed into a corner to take a stand.....I'm in the Axl camp. Not a huge Finck fan but really like some of his work so I gotta defend him on that front from his haters.....and of course Bucket who had a hardcore base that had to club Ron fans as if they were baby seals. Tommy had a niche group as well which I would be in off and on.....then the Fortus nuts.....list goes on and on.

Now we get to hold hands and maybe get what both sides always wanted....a reunion AND new music.

This is so true.

My case is pretty similar.    Was interested in the band as it continued with new guys.    Not to say I didn't care about the old members, but it got very old being reminded of them in every topic that it soured people to things and it became so divisive and nasty.

Life moved on for me and I kinda lost interest ultimately.    But looking back it all seems so silly.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Strange though to see so many people think Adler is such a "nice" guy. Woman beater who sued his former bandmates and has repeatedly thrown them under the bus, including about 6 months ago in the case of Slash/Duff. So fucked up on drugs he couldn't even do basic drum tracks in the studio, while the other heroin and booze guys were kicking ass on their UYI parts. I just don't get the sympathy,

Yeah but most GNR fans don't concern themselves with the personal 'woman beating' lives of the band or they'd listen to what Erin or Steph had to say about Axl, and likewise, they don't concern themselves that much with drug use or they'd probably worry that Izzy used to be a dealer or that Slash spent most of his adult life addicted to drugs.

Just saying, you can't really call out steven for those things and not hold everyone in the AFD line up accountable.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Given that all the indications are he was planning to release CD II in 2016, and was blindsided by DJ's departure,

This isn't directed at you personally Elevendayempire but i'd like to see some tangible evidence that was actually the plan. Like someone from a record label knowing anything about it or something other than the usual suspects in the band or team brazil hinting at hopes.

The narrative for pretty much the whole CD saga was always that this year was a quiet year, and NEXT YEAR all our dreams would come true. Then the following year they say exactly the same thing. Every 3 or 4 years someone quits - that person is then blamed for all previous delays - the band then needs a year or two to regroup - and then NEXT YEAR all our dreams will come true.

Board footer