You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 88 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

The only VR song I could see being played is Fall to Pieces, as a tribute to Weiland. Which would be the classy and respectful thing to do.

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

otto wrote:

Scott Weiland if remembered, will get it once, at the very first concert, with Knockin on Heaven's Door.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sucker Train Blues IS the most AFD/GNR style song VR did. I think Axl would sound great on it and also You Got No Right.

From Slash solo, only Wicked Stone and Anastasia would be songs I would want to hear Axl on.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

I think the notion that no one is the crowd cares about the Chinese Democracy songs is flat out wrong.   No, its not AFD or the Illusions, but many people do like at least some of the songs and I think a lot of fans are excited at the possibility of hearing a few of those songs played by Slash.  Duff's already played on several of them.    No, they don't need to re-record the album either.. it was released 8 years ago.     They could however, re-record or add parts to songs that are yet to be released and may have been around for a while (CDII songs).

The drama behind it all, I can't say I care all that much.     Some of it will probably remain private anyway.    I would suspect its a lot more of a business deal than anything, for the money that is being put up.     If Axl can keep himself if good shape, they could potentially do this for a long time.

apex-twin
 Rep: 199 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

apex-twin wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I think the notion that no one is the crowd cares about the Chinese Democracy songs is flat out wrong.   No, its not AFD or the Illusions, but many people do like at least some of the songs and I think a lot of fans are excited at the possibility of hearing a few of those songs played by Slash.

The Blues, TWAT, Catcher...

I would call them good fits to any Guns setlist.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

apex-twin wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I think the notion that no one is the crowd cares about the Chinese Democracy songs is flat out wrong.   No, its not AFD or the Illusions, but many people do like at least some of the songs and I think a lot of fans are excited at the possibility of hearing a few of those songs played by Slash.

The Blues, TWAT, Catcher...

I would call them good fits to any Guns setlist.

The Blues and Chinese D have essentially been setlist staples for the last 15 years.     Admittingly I havent' payed much attention the last couple tours.

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

otto wrote:

Was thinking that perhaps the band could play a VR song without Axl.

As it has been the case with Bumble playing Glad to be Here, Tommy playing Motivation and so on.

Perhaps Duff on Vocals?

polluxlm
 Rep: 208 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

polluxlm wrote:
otto wrote:

Was thinking that perhaps the band could play a VR song without Axl.

As it has been the case with Bumble playing Glad to be Here, Tommy playing Motivation and so on.

Perhaps Duff on Vocals?

I'll take it. Would prefer for Axl to take a shot at some of those songs though.

For once the set list will be interesting to see. Biggest mistake they can do is to go too safe and do a UYI tour type set.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

otto wrote:

Was thinking that perhaps the band could play a VR song without Axl.

As it has been the case with Bumble playing Glad to be Here, Tommy playing Motivation and so on.

Perhaps Duff on Vocals?

May or may not be a VR song, but I would expect a song or two with Duff on vocals to give Axl a breather.   Could be VR, a Slash song, a punk cover.

Re: This New Paradigm - so many questions..

AtariLegend wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

but I would expect a song or two with Duff on vocals to give Axl a breather.   Could be VR, a Slash song, a punk cover.

It'll be "Attitude" or "So fine" or both.

I still don't see why Slash is going to pressure Axl into performing songs, Slash himself doesn't play with his own band. It'll be a bit strange unless Dave Kushner and Matt Sorum are playing these shows tongue.

What UYI tracks do people want added to the set-list that weren't played on the last few tours outside of "Locomotive" and "Breakdown" do you guys want to hear?

I can imagine them doing "Dust N' Bones" at a show where Izzy shows up, but can't imagine "Coma".

It'd be interesting if "Perfect Crime" was played. Remember when that was on the famous deleted HTGTH set-list where we learned of "If The World", but never played tongue.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB