You are not logged in. Please register or login.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

Re: Need some help

younggunner wrote:

Im looking to buy the original AFD vinyl (both covers) and Live Like A Suicide vinyl.

Can someone let me know how I can tell the difference between an original printing and a reprint?

Greatly appreciate it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Be VERY careful buying LLAS. Collectors always like to shit all over my opinion on this subject but I don't care.....most of them are bootlegs.

10k copies were made 30 YEARS AGO so how does everyone and their grandma have pristine copies and sells them on Ebay? Like George Bush would say....its fuzzy math.

I had LLAS in the 90s, no longer have it, and wouldn't even bother buying it again unless it was someone who's had it in their collection since the 80s/early 90s before everything started being bootlegged everywhere.

younggunner

younggunner wrote:

Interesting, thank you both.

Is there any info on the AFD vinyl? What should I be looking for ?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'd like an answer to that one as well. Wasn't that re-issued a few years ago?

Happened with Elastica as well. Their debut LP was a tad obscure until last year when some other label did a reissue. I have an original (sealed) LP but I'd imagine any reissue no matter how big/which label would make it more difficult for people to know which is which.

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:

I'd start by checking on Discogs to see if there is anything to tell it apart like the Matrix/Runouts near the label or any other unique identifiers.  Might not help if the bootlegs are really detailed rip-offs, but usually it is enough to tell the difference.  It should definitely help in telling you the difference between reprints/reissues vs. original pressings.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Ask Trocolli over at mygnr, he knows this stuff inside out.

younggunner

younggunner wrote:

I would but Im banned from that forum. Is he on here? Can someone pm him my original post and then post it back here when/if he responds?

boneshj wrote:

I'd start by checking on Discogs to see if there is anything to tell it apart like the Matrix/Runouts near the label or any other unique identifiers.  Might not help if the bootlegs are really detailed rip-offs, but usually it is enough to tell the difference.  It should definitely help in telling you the difference between reprints/reissues vs. original pressings.

thank you

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

How cool is that cassette.  Never even knew about that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Send Aussie a PM here

He has a pretty crazy collection

Board footer