You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Update from Izzy Stradlin

otto wrote:

It's nice, in theory, to WANT Adler in, but the reality is far worse.
There was a benefit a couple of nights ago and both him and Slash were scheduled to play together. Adler didn't show up.

He doesn't seem reliable and, I've made my opinion on his playing many times in the past, he's not on par with the other guys on the band neither he'd be able to play half the material (UYI and the rumoured CD tracks being rehearsed).

Anyway, just my two cents. I do hope Izzy shows up for at least a couple of songs in Vegas and I'm most certain he didn't want to take part on this regroup not because Adler's absence but because it is a follow up to what Axl has been doing. To me Izzy is only up to rejoining full time if everything post his departure is erased and the band resumes from where he left it in 91.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

otto wrote:

Anyway, just my two cents. I do hope Izzy shows up for at least a couple of songs in Vegas and I'm most certain he didn't want to take part on this regroup not because Adler's absence but because it is a follow up to what Axl has been doing. To me Izzy is only up to rejoining full time if everything post his departure is erased and the band resumes from where he left it in 91.

No.   

First, how does one erase the past?   You can't.   

Second, Izzy has had no problem being involved with the band since 2006 on various tours.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
otto wrote:

No.   

First, how does one erase the past?   You can't.   

Second, Izzy has had no problem being involved with the band since 2006 on various tours.

Playing his own songs, yes. Playing new songs and full time concerts? No.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To continue to play Devil's Advocate.....

I dunno how Adler continues to be friends with Slash and Duff.

Only in GNR land could Slash play and plan the reunion tour with frank then "throw Adler a bone" by agreeing to do a couple of charity songs with him.

If you look at it from Steven's perspective, it's probably hard to take. It's a guy who introduced him to drugs. Who fired him from the greatest band in the world because of drug use, while being a junkie himself. Who chose the replacement over him when it was time to try fame without Axl in Velvet Revolver. Who has ignored your  pleas for a reunion for 20+ years. Who rejoins GNR without you and launches the big reunion shows using the old branding but playing with the bands 4th stand-in for you.

That's not a "friendship" i'd bother turning up to either.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To continue to play Devil's Advocate.....

I dunno how Adler continues to be friends with Slash and Duff.

Only in GNR land could Slash play and plan the reunion tour with frank then "throw Adler a bone" by agreeing to do a couple of charity songs with him.

If you look at it from Steven's perspective, it's probably hard to take. It's a guy who introduced him to drugs. Who fired him from the greatest band in the world because of drug use, while being a junkie himself. Who chose the replacement over him when it was time to try fame without Axl in Velvet Revolver. Who has ignored your  pleas for a reunion for 20+ years. Who rejoins GNR without you and launches the big reunion shows using the old branding but playing with the bands 4th stand-in for you.

That's not a "friendship" i'd bother turning up to either.

Damn Monkey, when you put it that way I get sad.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

New video from Izzy!! It's official all big_smile

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/sta … 5495748608

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Will wrote:

Badass!!!!  I am so happy now. It is real!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Will wrote:

Never doubted you Will. Glad you're finally vindicated by doubters on other sites.

Now we have the pleasure of trying to decipher Izzy's tweets. That should be interesting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Will he take requests? 16  izzy

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If you look at it from Steven's perspective, it's probably hard to take. It's a guy who ... chose the replacement over him when it was time to try fame without Axl in Velvet Revolver.

That's a good point.

It made sense to everyone else back in the day why Matt should be in VR, as it was a continuation of the UYI lineup and Matt was, well, more dependable. For Adler, it must've been just another blow, another enabling incident. hmm

Board footer