You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash and Duff working on CD II according to MSL

James wrote:

We're not getting CD II or a brand new album first. Just like with SG, GNR have to be reintroduced to the general public. You do that by getting a new GH/Best of in stores, on Itunes, Amazon,etc. first and tour with that as one aspect of your promo.

Expect CD II/new album in 2017 at the earliest.

2016 is time for new merch, GH/Best of, single or song on soundtrack, and touring.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

anyway there's little chance any of us buy the Best Of album so we'll likely download the song

I'll definitely buy it and I hope most fans will. It increases the chances of more releases down the road.

As long as they release material, I'll buy it. They need the hardcore base to rally around them once they start pushing product.

Not buying anything unless Izzy is on it, period.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Via http://www.alternativenation.net/slash- … acy-songs/

According to MSL Slash and Duff are working on the second half of Chinese, while a Best Of compilation is being prepped for later in the year featuring a new song, which could be Atlas Shrugged. According to MSL, Slash's camp has said he's already laid his guitar work down on this song specifically, and CD II will come afterwards.

I really hate the idea of wasting Atlas on a best of, but it will probably be a big seller and get people accustomed to hearing Slash on the new stuff.

I hate the idea of calling it "CD 2"

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Not to be a wise ass but....don't they still have to properly release CD I? tongue

James

James wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

anyway there's little chance any of us buy the Best Of album so we'll likely download the song

I'll definitely buy it and I hope most fans will. It increases the chances of more releases down the road.

As long as they release material, I'll buy it. They need the hardcore base to rally around them once they start pushing product.

I certainly understand that stance being taken by some. Izzy is getting much support now(including from me) but I always said if GNR will release something instead of dicking us around with sooper sekrit shit that never comes, I'd support it and buy it.

BTW, a GH/Best of would include songs Izzy has written/performed on. wink 16

edit:

I hate the idea of calling it "CD 2"

I doubt there was ever any intention of calling it CD II. Its just what the fans use to refer to the "second half of Chinese". Even if there were plans to use it, it was shit canned after the roll out of CD. GNR/UMG would not want the stigma attached to a new release.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Anyone expecting CD II to immediately be wrapped in cellophane and released when the reunion was announced cant blame the band/label. The reset button was hit on the project the moment Slash & Duff came back.

Hard to know.

Maybe Axl invited them back because the label didn't like CD2? After-all the label didn't like CD1 and Axl himself said the first record was closer to the old sound of the band than the later records.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Not sure if serious.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Next original album from GNR should be called Guns N Roses

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hard to know.

Maybe Axl invited them back because the label didn't like CD2? After-all the label didn't like CD1 and Axl himself said the first record was closer to the old sound of the band than the later records.

In other words....hit the reset button. wink

Next original album from GNR should be called Guns N Roses

Absolutely.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Personally I think if anything was self-titled it would have suited AFD the most. That record captures the "real life danger" vibe of the old band.

Not sure a record with more experimental tracks like "Silkworms" necessarily should be seen as the definitive statement.

I know the view around here is that Slash and Duff will turn this record back to contraband or AFD....

but where's the basis for that? They're being silent just like Axl's band does, Axl cancelled his TV interview just like he always does, there's inadequate promotion for this tour just like there always is....it's business as usual....

Which means if we follow the example of bumblefoot.....Slash might come in - do a few solo overdubs....then Axl edits it over the next 2 years.

Board footer