You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Wisconsin, April 5th, is for all the marbles for Ted Cruz. If Trump wins that, he's back in the drivers seat & on cruise control (no pun intended). 2 weeks later he's got NY (cakewalk), then a week after very friendly regionalized Mid East states of Conn, PA, DE, MD, & RI.   Wouldn't surprise me if Trump can handily win them all.

If Trump has anything, anything, on Cruz it's gonna come out tomorrow in a 'Friday News Dump' kinda way. Drop something big, people read about it, are shocked, then all day Saturday it sinks in, Sunday morning is the hot topic, and just seems to drag on forever with a Monday morning recap. That sets up the aura for the week.  Cruz has to win Wisconsin, HAS TO.  And Donald Trump will release the wolves tomorrow in order for prevent that from happening.

If Trump loses, that sorta shifts the momentum to Cruz, and brings up the rhetoric that 'Trump can't win in a general election cycle' (Not saying that's true, just saying that it will be brought up by the GOP powers that be).

Personally I'm sorta confused over it all. As far as GOPers go, I like Kasich best, and I think he would make a good President. However, I disagree with the notion of giving this ticket to somebody aside from Cruz or Trump too, just on principal. I can't say I like either for future President, certainly not Ted Cruz, however I cannot deny one of the two of them earned & deserves the Republican ticket.

The next few days are going to get dirty, Ted Cruz wants this, really bad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

People are entirely missing the point of what Trump means to the system. They are freaking the fuck out so bad about him getting potentially elected that the status elite are SHOWING THEIR HAND.

Look at how Don (fuck you mother fucker) Lemon cut off Omarosa the other day when she as a BLACK FEMALE didn't adjust to CNN and the major corporate media's scripted narrative? Lemon overtalked her, bullied her, and then finally cut her mic when she wouldn't stick to the script on Trump.

Kasich is going around telling the mainstream media HOW PROUD he is of a brokered delegation because our young people are going to learn so much about our great democracy. DEMOCRACY?!!?! It's STEALING an ELECTION FROM THE PEOPLE!!!

Wake up people

Trump could be the devil. It doesn't matter. They are showing you that the news IS NOT THE NEWS. It's a narrative. YOU DON'T SELECT YOUR PRESIDENT. THey DO!!!!

Wake up. They are revealing everything that the conspiracy nuts ever said, and it was all true. The news is what the state department and what the corporate shills want it to be. Newt Gringrich went on record and said Trump isn't getting elected because the SECRET SOCIETIES DIDN'T SELECT HIM!!!

WHAT?!?!?!

This is supposed to be a Democracy. The people select the candidate.

Apparently not. And THEY said so. There is no conspiracy anymore. It's over. Vote Trump. Fuck the Vote 2016.

they-live2.jpg

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This is how they described Bush in 2000.

Obama was described like this in 2008. I'm not buying what the media is selling me anymore. I know why they don't want him in there and it has nothing to do with the 4 year cycle of scare tactics they are rolling out once again.

They sold that long before Trump ever decided to run.

There were violent protests at Bush events in 2004 over Iraq. Media didn't harp too much on that...just the conspiracy sites saying we were all about to be thrown into camps.

Anyone check that 'breaking news' CNN story earlier today?  Protesters block street causing major traffic jam to stop  a Trump rally that apparently no one wants to see. If anyone read more than the headline, you saw it was a couple dozen people standing in the middle of the road with a couple cars blocking it while thousands wanted to see Trump.

Like I said, I'm not buying their bill of goods this time. They fooled me one too many times.

I can't really buy any media conspiracy theories against Trump. They have been invaluable to his campaign with the over the top amount of coverage he receives. Sure, they can be critical of him, but they've also been his biggest asset.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While it may be scary to some, its his "telling it like it is" strategy that does it. Even though he is NOT a 'common man', Reagan had massive appeal on this as well. People could relate to what he was saying. You knew he was genuine. I am not comparing Trump to Reagan I am just saying he appeals to the average person and if he can get these types to vote for him...he wins and I don't care if CNN tells me he is hated in every galaxy from the Milky Way to the Hubble Deep Field...he wins.

I do like how on the dem side we have Sanders who also refuses to be bought off....but he has a problem...the dem primaries are rigged. He CANT win. Period.

I can see how his "telling it like it is" strategy appeals to people, but the problem I have is I don't find him genuine. I also don't think he knows what he is talking about half of the time.

Obama sits around approving lists of people to kill in drone strikes. Some(most likely all) of these strikes kill innocent people. I expect Trump to do the same. Being president requires making tough decisions. Reagan's bombing of Libya killed civilians, including babies. Sad but it sent a message. How many more innocent Americans were killed in bombings supported and funded by Libya on Reagan's watch after that strike? ZERO.

The difference for me between Obama and Trump is Obama doesn't actively seek out innocent civilians. For the record, I think it is still horrible. That strategy that leads to the death of innocents whether planned or not is likely going to create more people that become radicalized in their hatred for America.

He wants to fix this problem and can you really blame him for how he handled his business in the past? The current system practically begs for corporations to send their jobs overseas and they get all sorts of incentives for doing so.

It all comes down to why should I believe he is sincere about fixing this problem when he lies and changes his positions so frequently? He may be an outsider, but to me he is an insincere as most politicians. He just tells people what they want to hear.

Hillary sure as hell isn't going to change this. Neither will any of Trump's opponents. At least Trump is willing to give it a shot.

I understand why some people are concerned. We've entered uncharted waters as far as presidential elections go.

I think he deserves a chance. Give him one term.

You're right she won't and neither will his opponents. As mentioned above, I don't believe Trump will change anything either so for me he doesn't have an edge there. I just think he is a disaster waiting to happen while the others (minus Cruz) are more capable leaders. Believe me it pains me to think I have to vote for Hillary and keep the status quo, but I think Trump and his side show act are that much worse.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

After his recent comments about wanting to pull out of North Korea and having the south and Japan defend themselves with nuclear weapons(pure lunacy) and wanting to pull out of NATO but no alternative in place is definitely making me veer closer to your position.

He has had a rough week or so. Started with his abortion comments and its now entering crucial areas like foreign policy.

If Trump implodes and I think the possibility just went up a few percentage points....where is a legitimate alternative? Kasich the only politician in the race I like but he doesn't have a chance unless they give it to him at the convention.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

I can't really buy any media conspiracy theories against Trump. They have been invaluable to his campaign with the over the top amount of coverage he receives. Sure, they can be critical of him, but they've also been his biggest asset.

Bingo.  They've given him a gazillion free hours of publicity.  Who needs to pay for campaign ads when the media covers you every day for free?

Acquiesce wrote:

I can see how his "telling it like it is" strategy appeals to people, but the problem I have is I don't find him genuine. I also don't think he knows what he is talking about half of the time.

Agree again.  I don't think his solutions make much sense.  Stuff like making Mexico pay for the wall is ridiculous.

James Lofton wrote:

If Trump implodes and I think the possibility just went up a few percentage points....where is a legitimate alternative? Kasich the only politician in the race I like but he doesn't have a chance unless they give it to him at the convention.

Cruz is going to win it in a brokered convention.  And he's actually worse than Trump because I believe Trump would work together with lawmakers to find solutions to the problems that ail this country.  Cruz believes all the shit he spews.

Oooh, just remembered that Trump could bring up the fact that Cruz was born in Canada.  Honestly, I'm surprised no one has brought that up a bit more.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Even Fox is jumping through hoops to attack him. I've seen Bill O'Reilly pull every trick in the book to put the GOP front runner on the spot. Should that make sense?

They have only been an asset because he turned every hit piece they made back on them. The media isn't helping Trump, it is engaged in a concerted effort to bring him down. This week has finally brought fruits to their labors. That's why they say Trump hacked the system, because he managed to make every negative news story boost his popularity.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trumps wife is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trumps wife is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

Wut?? She looks like the after picture of a before/after ad against plastic surgery. Very, very unattractive women to me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think Trumps gonna let Wisconsin ride out.  He's got ALOT of states favoring his way afterwards, and I think he goes more into rational/Presidential mode throughout them, lessening the controversy.

Board footer