You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

James wrote:

I created one of those a couple months ago about Izzy. I didn't get it synced properly but pretty good for a first time. I wanted to make a better one but never got around to it.

http://captiongenerator.com/79315/Hitle … NR-reunion

AtariLegend wrote:

Is this true? From wikipedia.

Following his departure from Guns N' Roses, according to Adler, he was set to join AC/DC and relocate to Australia. However, during the MTV Video Music Awards in September 1990, Axl Rose announced Adler's firing onstage and branded him a drug addict,[24] which Adler said caused AC/DC's manager to withdraw their offer.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Ad … and_hiatus

What alternate timeline did Axl go onstage at the 1990 VMAs? While I've used a lot of drugs I don't think it was enough to forget GNR moments at the VMAs.

I remember hearing the AC/DC thing somehwere but highly doubt that its true. For Razor's Edge they would have needed to sign him late 89/early 90 and I don't think the timeframe allows for an Adler firing, onstage mention of his firing, and talks with AC/DC to break down to such an extent.

I remember when it first happened he did an interview with Circus magazine and was going on and on about how he was reuniting Road Crew and they were gonna be huge.

Rock mags made a bigger deal out of Adler's firing than MTV did. Now Izzy's departure got some attention on TV.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Don't think it was the VMA's but Axl was on TV in 1990 explaining why steven had to go. There's a clip of it in this doco:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Tell me this shit doesn't blow your mind when you look at it. Axl Rose is in AC/DC while Malcolm Young and Brian Johnson are out. Twilight Zone!

g3ZfMps.png

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's parallel world stuff.

johndivney wrote:

I really think it's a great move, for everyone bar Brian.

Axl's exhibiting some brass balls & exuding confidence in taking the job. & as much as it'll offer him a change of pace not being head honcho, the role comes with its own unique pressure (& hatred!) so it's not like he's just along for an easy ride..

In terms of the longevity of the thing well I'm hoping for the best. That Axl kills live & becomes a proper full time member of Ac/DC for the next decade!
One of the rumours is that they kicked Brian out because Angus wants to continue for as long as he can & doesn't think Brian can handle that. So if that is true & Angus still has future plans then Ac/DC will be around a while yet.. With Axl as frontman..??

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Angus still has future plans then Ac/DC will be around a while yet.. With Axl as frontman..??

Which begs the almighty question - will we see an Axl/Dc album before another GNR album?

It would be funny, but given the way Axl appeared on Baz's record pre-chinese-release it's not exactly impossible either.

Mind you Angus tends to do things 5 years apart so a new record isn't really due for a bit.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

You want to talk about ironic...Axl took 17 years to put out new studio material with GN'R because he was chasing after his masterpiece of Queen/Elton/NIN/Industrial stuff. Would be funny as shit if he puts out a quick hard rock album with AC/DC, a band known for zero experimentation and delivering exactly what everyone expects from them.

And if that happens, the question must be asked. Why the fuck did we have to see GN'R fall apart over creative differences when they could have just followed the AC/DC model and pumped out an Appetite clone 6-8 times over the last 20 years?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Why the fuck did we have to see GN'R fall apart over creative differences when they could have just followed the AC/DC model and pumped out an Appetite clone 6-8 times over the last 20 years?

You'd want that?

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Why the fuck did we have to see GN'R fall apart over creative differences when they could have just followed the AC/DC model and pumped out an Appetite clone 6-8 times over the last 20 years?

You'd want that?

I'd pass.

What we got wasn't perfect, but at least there were pieces of music in between that was worthy of a legacy and I'm factoring in UYI material with There Was A Time ect. Going through the motions like Metallica ect. and the other major artists that stayed around, just meh.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You'd want that?

I dunno how I feel about it. I love the Illusion albums. And while I consider CD to be below par by GN'R standards, it is still miles better than anything AC/DC has done in the last 20 years. We would not get a lot of the interesting material on UYI and CD if the boys just decided to rehash Appetite over and over. But I just think it's a weird twist of fate how Axl ended up exactly where Slash has been for a long time. Frontman for the most straight-forward, predictable rock band on the planet? Bizarre times we are living in.

Board footer