You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: Alberta needs help

image_1.png

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Prayers with them.

It has been getting news coverage here, but it should have been getting alot more.

It's looks like a nuclear bomb got dropped in the distance.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/ … 318270.jpg

Terrifying.

AtariLegend wrote:

Looks like the fires might spread to Saskatchewan the province next door.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36238076

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I know this is going to sound dumb but I've suggested such an idea for hurricanes so I'll go ahead and do it here. Evacuate every single person from this area. Once you know everyone is gone, let the US drop a few bombs that suck every drop of oxygen out of the air within a couple miles. It wouldn't put it out completely obviously but would give this fire a major hiccup and would likely impact its spread temporarily.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I've read the fire is apparently radioactive and that the population is unaware ?

Anyone else read it too ?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know this is going to sound dumb but I've suggested such an idea for hurricanes so I'll go ahead and do it here. Evacuate every single person from this area. Once you know everyone is gone, let the US drop a few bombs that suck every drop of oxygen out of the air within a couple miles. It wouldn't put it out completely obviously but would give this fire a major hiccup and would likely impact its spread temporarily.

James, I like your original idea!  I too have thought of using Nukes to blow up a hurricane.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

James, I like your original idea!  I too have thought of using Nukes to blow up a hurricane.

Had I been president I would have used a bomb on Katrina. That was a MONSTER hurricane that they knew was going to do horrific damage to many areas and kill many people.

Drop that fucker dead center in the eye and it's not going to reform. You cant do such things with every event but once it reaches a certain level, such measures must be considered. In the future this idea will eventually be put to the test.

Jessica I've heard nothing about radioactivity. That situation sounds like it's getting worse, not better.

Board footer