You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

polluxlm wrote:

^ Amen to that. Would be the perfect publicity move. Fanbase would salivate.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't mind AC/DC, but this has run its course in mind. That and this should be so huge for GNR instead he is a new member of another band after Slash and Duff put their shit on hold. Oh well.

He has to at least finish the shows he agreed to do.

Not giving himself much of a break between all this either.   After the fall he will be due for some time off. 

I think the AC/DC shows are awesome.     I also want more GnR music, but honestly I've given on it completely at this point.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Apparently, Slash (and maybe Duff?) are in London right now..    So is AC/DC.    Wonder what that could be all aboot?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Apparently, Slash (and maybe Duff?) are in London right now..    So is AC/DC.    Wonder what that could be all aboot?

Well if they jam with AC/DC they will be with a drummer that can keep time!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I haven't soured on it but the novelty did wear off and I haven't been watching videos. LIke I said, I have no problem with him doing AC/DC. He can multitask. I'm just hoping for GNR to treat the reunion like the event that it is and give it the attention it truly deserves.

There's a window for new material and if the focus is going to be on live shows, considering how huge both bands he's touring with are, that window is capable of shutting fairly quickly. If he's going back and forth between two huge acts, where's the down time? Since Slash and Duff aren't talking, we don't know what they are doing while Axl tours with AC/DC.

Slash was supposed to work on the next album with Myles during the downtime. Not sure about Duff.

I'm sort of the same way with AC/DC. I'm happy Axl seems to be having a blast. He's doing a stellar job and winning skeptics over, repairing his image a bit. But I can't say I'm following the shows on periscope or checking the setlists to see what they played after every show. And even though there are plenty of good quality videos out there, I don't actively search them out. Not even a comparison to when the main event was going on. It'll be back soon enough though, and I'll get right back on that horse.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm concerned axl will have worn out his rasp with Ac/Dc and it will be back to mickey this tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
WARose wrote:

i was in Hamburg for this one. Great show, albeit the sound could`ve been better for 110€. First show without the chair, that was nice. I was hoping he would be on his feet again and thankfully he was. A show with axl sitting just doesnt seem right. I´m thinking about going to the last show in Düsseldorf as well. i think i`ll wait for the London show tomorrow to see if he`s continuing to recover from the cold or whatever he had. Leipzig sounded great again.

For all you people crying about this. This Axl/Dc thing is getting rave reviews here in Germany and Axl`s image is back on track. Axl getting tons of positive press will only help Gnr, at least here in Europe. As far as i know there are problems in Germany with Promoters doubting his reliability, i guess that`s solved now...

By the Way, before the show in Hamburg they played a song by the Walking Papers (feat. Duff) in the Stadium. I guess that was Axl`s choice... I mean they`re completely unknow here. If that`s the case, nice one Axl.

WAR...I think the only reason GNR fans are "crying" is because regardless of how long this all lasts, we are in the final chapter of GNR/Axl's career. The past 8-9 months from Slash's comment to GNR taking the stage at the Troubadour/Vegas was the best time in the band's history since 2001 and some would say 1991. They had the whole world's attention. Back on top where they always belonged and a big part of it was how happy Axl appeared to be.

Hardcores were hoping this chapter would be similar to the Stones getting back together in 89....on top of becoming THE stadium act, the massive tours would be accompanied by albums. The AC/DC thing threw fans of both bands(and the world in general) for a loop and while people are excited that he's more active than he's been in decades, there is a chance that his career revolves around touring and his recording career stays in the holding pattern its been in since the CD saga got underway.

Singles/albums are the only thing missing from the equation. It's too early for fans to start "whining" over this just yet but if the GNR and/or AC/DC tours continue and there's absolutely no sign of new material appearing on the horizon, a lot of hardcores are going to check out just like they did during the Ashba years.

I'll tell you what he should do now - he should release his autobiography..

If he's serious about releasing one I hope he waits a couple years so he can include the reunion and how it all came about. I'd also like him to discuss all the time spent on the CD project and how he truly feels about spending his prime on this project.

In my pipe dreams they went there so they(including Axl) could go into a studio and work on some material. Soundgarden recorded parts of their album in various studios during a tour.

I'm happy Axl seems to be having a blast. He's doing a stellar job and winning skeptics over, repairing his image a bit.

Yeah his image makeover one of the best things about his comeback. All the crap about riots, late starts, rants,etc. is becoming a faded memory.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm concerned axl will have worn out his rasp with Ac/Dc and it will be back to mickey this tour.

I'm not too worried about that, but we'll find out soon enough. I think he'll be fine though.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axl sounds great in AC DC; actually, quite a perfect fit for him, aside from some silly lyrics like Rock or Bust. 

He has gotten quite tubby again though. Large tees do not flatter.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Board footer