You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The United Kingdom General Election, 2nd May 2024

polluxlm wrote:

You have to admit it looks very aesthetic:

johndivney wrote:
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

johndivney wrote:

I can appreciate the humour, y'know me irreverent as they come. But this has deeply saddened me. It's not some distant thing, these decisions have a profound impact on my life & those of my family (my brother & sister & their families), my friends & colleagues. At the very least it's put many of our livelihoods in a pattern of unpredictability & uncertainty, many of us relying on EU funding to support our work; at the very worst it's put us in a situation which is all too predictable: there will be massive job losses, lack of funding, hikes in interest rates etc.

Having already endured 6 years of the conservative govn impacting & destroying services dear to me, things my family & plenty of others have needed in order to simply survive for the past 30-odd years, this is just further alienation & despair.

But at the very core of the anger is the conduct of people. I mean I never had faith in Cameron/Osbourne/Johnson, I knew what they were about the moment I laid eyes on them. But it's the people who have been tricked by them. I just thought we had reached a stage where people were smart enough not to buy into these parlour tricks. I overestimated them & was greatly upset when they voted for them, twice. & then this inevitable, crazy referendum driven by a hysteria born out of caricatures & lies. If you could see it from where we see it, you wouldn't be laughing.

That's democracy & politics for you. They won.

johndivney wrote:

Ok, it is a little funny. This guy is likely to be the new prime minister (& handling negotiations for brexit):
http://youtu.be/00MvVIVR38k

But bear in mind, his whole goofy, jolly bumbling tea drinking doofus is an act. This guy is a selfish, cretinous career politician who has harboured ambitions to become PM since he was a child. I think he is an arch manipulator, sinister & quite probably evil..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah I knew you wouldn't take that too seriously and I do feel for all of you over there. We live in crazy times. The West is entering a weird phase now and all sides better make sure these decisions are the correct ones.

In our debates of yesteryear I said how in the ashes of potential chaos on that side of the pond the EU would implode and the Fourth Reich would start goose stepping.....and we're closer to that.

I've said this for years but I want the US to give POland a blank check to basically allow us to vassalize them into a major US base. Flagg thinks I'm bat shit I'm sure but we have to be there in the middle of the coming storm to keep things stabilized. Keep Russia in check so they cant interfere in any potential tensions in the EU in the coming years.

johndivney wrote:

“The younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied. Freedom of movement was taken away by our parents, uncles and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of its predecessors.”

AtariLegend wrote:

People voted based upon a campaign based upon inflammatory lies and the exclusion of facts. I really cannot fathom how they were stupid enough to believe the nonsense they read in right wing tabloids owned by fucking Richard Murdoch.

The EU might end up imploding as a self fulfilling prophecy fulled by the right, but nothing good will come of it.

Cameron (who whinned about the EU's liberal laws for years) held a referendum to win votes, but he probably didn't actually except people would vote to leave or that his party would see it as an opportunity for themselves. Greatest political blunder of my life time and if Scotland leaves too, his legacy will be destroying the name United Kingdom not just the European Union.

AtariLegend wrote:

I was worried leave might win, but it not actually settle in until I just woke up. Completely in shock.

A Private Eye wrote:

Top comment:

"This man said fuck the people and avoided paying his taxes , how are people surprised he is fucking them again loooooooool i bet people that voted leave didnt even know he was one of the tax avoiding politicians they hated so much"

It's fucking true. He also said, the British pay have had enough of the rich telling them what to do... He was one of the rich same as Boris. What about fucking Murdoch ect.?

johndivney wrote:

Yea, the rich have divided the cake to give themselves a bigger slice. They've used the tools at their disposal for their own gain. So it goes..

Board footer