You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Izzy Stradlin & Matt Sorum collaborate on new track F.P. Money

monkeychow wrote:

You guys would have loved to listen to this track, but that asshole Matt is stuffing it up for you right? Right? 16

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Idle thought: Izzy should get Tommy Stinson on bass. A Stinson/Izzy writing combo would be awesome, their styles would complement each other really well.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:
esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I like this song a bit better than the last one. Better pacing.

elevendayempire wrote:

Idle thought: Izzy should get Tommy Stinson on bass. A Stinson/Izzy writing combo would be awesome, their styles would complement each other really well.

These songs would benefit by Tommy's vocals too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm really surprised this hasn't hit Itunes. While I went away from the GNR communities for a few years and didn't keep up with current events, I know Izzy used to release his music straight to Itunes.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm really surprised this hasn't hit Itunes. While I went away from the GNR communities for a few years and didn't keep up with current events, I know Izzy used to release his music straight to Itunes.

It's up on Amazon mp3 because I just bought it.  I heard at one point that it takes like a week and a half once you've submitted something to itumes for it to go live.  I don't know if that's true or not, but it would make sense as to why this isn't up there yet.  Walkin Song is though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh shit I didn't even think to check amazon. I only use amazon to buy books. I'll buy it to throw him some support. Thought it was strange for it to just show up on spotify and nowhere else. I just ditched Rhapsody so have no idea if it also went there.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

So judging by the lyrics to the new song it sure sounds like a statement by Matt & Izzy about the reunion:

They can fight about it, money, some bag of gold.
They can fight about it, money, the big wheels roll.
And I’m taking the long way home today.
Really got no worries either way.
Cuttin’ deals, shakin’ hands,
hopin’ it feels, open plans.
They can fight about it, money, it’s just a bag of gold.
They can fight about it, money, feel the big wheels roll.
And I’m taking the long way home today.
Really in no hurry either way.
Open fields, open planes, open gates, open lands, open sky, open mind, open race.
They can fight about it, money, it’s a bag of gold.
They can fight about it, money, the story goes.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n … g-of-gold/

Former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin recently posted the following message on Twitter:

IZZY STRADLIN new single: F.P. MONEY Matt Sorum and I crossed paths earlier this year and both agreed it might be fun to one day throw down a new track and see what we get. F.P. Money is my latest single this year and Matt Sorum is on drums, Damon Fox on keys, Tony Babylon on bass, Rick Richards on lead guitars. Me…guitars, vocals. Recorded and mixed at Brotheryn Studios. J.T. Longoria engineer/mixing. Jason Miariani master. Available everywhere July 2016.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:

Or find the actual lyrics on Izzy's twitter.

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/750863827252572162

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Dunno where alternative nation got their lyrics then.  Maybe they transcribed it themselves lol.

Board footer