You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Official band pic

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

A lineup with out Slash isn't really a legit lineup in the eyes of the masses and based on ticket sales. So in my eyes there are only 3 legit lineups:

AFD
UYI

all the shit from 1997-2015 is the bullshit only hardcores care about.

Do the casuals count more than hardcore's, though? The ones who sit on their hands during Coma?

Yes they do. If this was hardcore tour they would be playing clubs.

I really don't care. I'd go see them in a club or half filled arena. I couldn't care less about what casuals like, doesn't matter a bit. I'm sure I'm outside 99% of the ratio of casual fans, I love those CD demos, it's one of my favorite recordings of the entire GNR catalog. I kind of like it better than CD itself.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The "demos"(they weren't demos, they were finished tracks not properly mixed/mastered yet) stomp all over the actual album and I prefer them over CD even with three less songs.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm in the minority on that. Everyone always says the demos are better but I think the finished album versions are better - although I would have liked a different mix/master job than we got. The one exception is catcher in the rye - where the rhythm of the piano intro is too lost on the record.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

99.9% of GNR fans in general, casual and hardcore combined wish the 0.1% of elitist hardcores (who are likely not necessarily hardcores, just stuck up, me-me-me, self-centered individuals) would just stay away from the shows and leave everyone else have their fun. 5

Simple logic is all that's needed to realize no one, not the ultimate casual, the ultimate hardcore, me, you or anyone in between will ever get their perfect, personal set list, from GNR or any artist ever.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

POint taken. I'm still waiting for Soundgarden to perform Overfloater.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The "demos"(they weren't demos, they were finished tracks not properly mixed/mastered yet) stomp all over the actual album and I prefer them over CD even with three less songs.

Catcher and IRS demos were good ( though I prefer 2002 IRS demo, both shit all over album version ).
TWAT needed Bucket, OMG is a great song one of the best in band`s discography, it has punch, venom and aggression Chinese Democracy lacks.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I think of 2002 as the "iconic" CD-era line-up. Buckethead, Finck, Fortus, Dizzy, Pitman, Stinson, Brain and Axl. It felt like they'd ironed out the kinks and locked down a stable unit; unfortunately they never got to crystallise around the release of the album.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I like what Bumble did in the final ChiDem (the song) version, but besides that, I prefer the 2007 leaked demo. it's sooooo much more aggressive and punchy. the final mix is kind of muddy.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I think of 2002 as the "iconic" CD-era line-up. Buckethead, Finck, Fortus, Dizzy, Pitman, Stinson, Brain and Axl. It felt like they'd ironed out the kinks and locked down a stable unit; unfortunately they never got to crystallise around the release of the album.

I'd love to hear from the ones involved what happened inside the band after the 2002 tour imploded and Bucket exiting, in 2004.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I agree with this, and I think that resonates with casuals who never even knew Bucket left the group in 2004. People at the current shows have no clue who Ashba and Bumble are but definitely remember hearing about the guy with the bucket on his head.

Board footer