You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

esoterica wrote:

Desktop mostly.

The forum could use a few updates and it's a bit of a pain to post from iPhone.

monkeychow wrote:

I can imagine traffic might increase a bit when there's a new record...

You poor bastard.

Axl's gonna use the money to buy pussy, Taco Bell, and build a panic room in his mansion. No new music until he shuffles off this mortal coil.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i've seen a lot of forum communities reborn by moving to facebook or chat apps

the gnr community could be saved by a new record.... maybe even a documentary about the reunion

another round of axl chats after the tour winds down would do wonders as well

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I think social media sucked away too many people to allow forums (especially small ones) to build back up.

GnR is a niche market online. The hardcores have essentially moved over to mygnr (and they are in the red every month.) There simply aren't enough people to spread around all these forums anymore.

Why would anybody new sign up to a forum, when all they have to do is click on a button to join a group on FB? Or follow somebody on Twitter?

Honestly I think the biggest draw to social media is self absorption and the "rewards" (likes). Many forums have incorporated this too, but it's not the same. Forums are more anonymous. FB is all about YOU the user. Your interests are secondary to YOU. Forums are about the topics first and you second (or third.)

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The prime advantage of the forum is that it largely separates the wheat from the chaff.

I have no interest in reading comments from people who just want to talk shit or say how hot Axl/Slash/Duff are.

The music, man, the music.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I know this is n`t a place but holy shit, sheer dumbassery on mygner is mind-boggling.

Your intellect will dumb down a notch by reading petulant, incoherent rants there. It`s like a bunch of retards somehow managed to learn how to create an account and have flocked together to rant and rave.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That forum has been unreadable for years. Took it out of my bookmarks many moons ago.

Without its high google placement it would collapse under its own weight.

Haven't checked it in over a year but when I did, it was obvious most of the active accounts were troll accounts.

Its metal sludge without the laughs.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

The fact that it has become a SJW safe space, does n`t help it either. By far the dumbest and the most clueless basement dwellers post there.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That forum has been unreadable for years. Took it out of my bookmarks many moons ago.

Haven't checked it in over a year but when I did, it was obvious most of the active accounts were troll accounts.

Just curious...I'm kind of a novice as to what the meaning of troll is these days...

By your account, when you say 'troll accounts,' I'm led to believe that it's done with direct intent and consistency. Could you elaborate more? It's still a concept that I don't quite grasp.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just curious...I'm kind of a novice as to what the meaning of troll is these days...

By your account, when you say 'troll accounts,' I'm led to believe that it's done with direct intent and consistency. Could you elaborate more? It's still a concept that I don't quite grasp.

A white male who comes into every thread wishing death and screaming about how evil white males are is a troll.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I still check in from time to time. I think the community is the real draw, not so much GN'R. And that's probably true for a lot of folks here.

Board footer