You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

sp1at wrote:

Atlas Shrugged was uploaded to a public file hosting server years ago, when I asked about it, they removed it. It was a website to do with music instrumentation, had a lot of modern classical music on it. A female recording engineering student, young, also had access to working files of quite a few songs, the named ones that I found and others, quick song etc.. Unfortunately, she was not very helpful.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
lance wrote:

One them does !

giphy.gif

sp1at wrote:

Atlas Shrugged was uploaded to a public file hosting server years ago, when I asked about it, they removed it. It was a website to do with music instrumentation, had a lot of modern classical music on it. A female recording engineering student, young, also had access to working files of quite a few songs, the named ones that I found and others, quick song etc.. Unfortunately, she was not very helpful.

Pity.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Believe it or not, the snippet of Silkworms I heard was awesome and I was never a big fan of the song.

Yeah, Monkey loves it too!

Those screams were pretty Zeppelin like, don't you think? I wasn't expecting that. 9

Also, I don't think anyone has it, but supposedly there's a version of Atlas featuring Slash and Duff.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What exactly is supposed to be "out there" that hasn't leaked to the general public? Which songs?

I'll have to look through my old files but these were being hunted for privately a couple years ago:

• Jackie Chan/Checkmate

• Oklahoma/Berlin

• Atlas Shrugged

• Oh My Buckethead / Oh My God 2002

• Oh My God 2013

• Silkworms

• Seven

• The General

• Thyme

• Soul Monster/Leave Me Alone/Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul

• Ides of March

• Zodiac

• Quick Song

• Down By The Ocean

• Chinese Democracy Remixes

misterID wrote:

Also, I don't think anyone has it, but supposedly there's a version of Atlas featuring Slash and Duff.

bByTLNB.png

misterID

misterID wrote:

MSL said Slash was definitely in the studio recording parts and one for sure song was Atlas. I think Jim vouched for it or didn't shoot it down. And before all the bashing comes forth about insiders blah blah blah mindless bitching, Jim is connected to the band. MSL has connections, especially to Slash. Anyone can refuse to believe it but that's real.

lance

lance wrote:
misterID wrote:

MSL said Slash was definitely in the studio recording parts and one for sure song was Atlas. I think Jim vouched for it or didn't shoot it down. And before all the bashing comes forth about insiders blah blah blah mindless bitching, Jim is connected to the band. MSL has connections, especially to Slash. Anyone can refuse to believe it but that's real.

Really?

Jim=Warchild & MSL has nothing and claims he has had nothing to do with GNR recently.

So please don't try keep the non sense going.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No one is denying Slash and Duff worked on a couple tracks. The massive doubt is that it ever surfaced ANYWHERE....much less in hoarder hands.

The material being hoarded has been hoarded for at least 14 years. The further you get removed from those original sources it'll knock a few years off that time but all this stuff was on the forums when we were still whining about AFD rehash, Bucket, and madison was on mygnr spazzing out about Sp1at.

Some people don't realize how long that stuff was around. They simply think 2006. No....that's when some of it leaked.

The sad thing, from what MSL said, is that some of the people who have the leaks aren't even GNR fans or even care that they have them.

Even the ones that are fans don't care anymore. They've had this stuff so long that they rarely listen anymore. Its probably on a disc at the bottom of their closet.

I've told this several times but out of the blue one day in 2006-07, the long dead Elastica forum got some activity. Someone posted an ebay listing of two discs of low quality demos. Nerd orgasms in full effect. Everybody left wanted the discs but we knew only one would get it or Ebay would kill the auction. Couple days later before it could be resolved, a person who had hoarded that crap since the  mid 90s upload it ALL in one file and gave it away for free. He simply posted the file and walked away.

It was a rash move. Had he simply waited it out another day or two, the listing is gone and the songs never surface.

Whoever he/she was, I still thank them. There was NO chance of fans ever hearing that material. I don't even listen to that stuff anymore but it was such a treat hearing the progression of all those songs. I think in total there was about 5 or 6 versions of Connection alone.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Even the ones that are fans don't care anymore. They've had this stuff so long that they rarely listen anymore. Its probably on a disc at the bottom of their closet.

PSA: I'll clean anyone's closet for free if you have secret discs at the bottom of it. Maybe a tuggie to boot. 15

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Jim=Warchild

That is a very nuanced situation but I can assure you Jim is not what is commonly considered Warchild....a woman in Florida. He's not a woman and he's not in Florida.

MSL has nothing

Wait....what?

I'm not gonna contradict a public position he takes but I find that hard to believe.

I haven't been to truth in awhile. Gong's site either. Not sure what the latest info is on either site.

misterID

misterID wrote:
lance wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really?

Jim=Warchild & MSL has nothing and claims he has had nothing to do with GNR recently.

So please don't try keep the non sense going.

Jim is NOT war child. That's a lie. Period.

Dude, I speak to MSL and he never claimed to have it. And nowhere did I write that.

Board footer