You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: US Politics Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Only time I carry is when I go to big public events, like opening night of last Jedi. I’d rather have a chance in the incredibly unlikely event something happens than have people attend a funeral and talk about gun violence and how tragic it all was.

You have to understand, that as an outsider, hearing you say that you’d feel safer taking a gun with you to watch a movie, sounds kinda absurd to the rest of the world.

Something like that would never ever occur to me, to go enjoy a nice night out at the movies.

Land of the free, sounds more like the land of fear to me.

^^ Ding ding ding!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I was on vacation the last 5 days, I'm gonna go out on a limb & suggest I shouldn't waste my time reading thru the last 50-75 pages of content & just pick up fresh beginning tomorrow.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Only time I carry is when I go to big public events, like opening night of last Jedi. I’d rather have a chance in the incredibly unlikely event something happens than have people attend a funeral and talk about gun violence and how tragic it all was.

You have to understand, that as an outsider, hearing you say that you’d feel safer taking a gun with you to watch a movie, sounds kinda absurd to the rest of the world.

Something like that would never ever occur to me, to go enjoy a nice night out at the movies.

^^ Ding ding ding!

There was a case here a couple years ago where 2 nimrods got into an argument AT CHURCH over seats in the pew. Literally, they argued over seats, I think one group was 'saving' too many of them, and a man trying to sit down confronted him. Well one of them, I forget which, pulled out a gun and shot him over it. Just stupid. He had a concealed carry permit, but I think he was charged over it more for stupidity & using it when it wasn't warranted.

Another case further back where a youngish post grad (25ish) was walking the city with friends. Something started, either bumping into another group or some guys hollering at his girl, well both groups threatened to fight each other, and another concealed carry winner pulled out his gun and fired. Sure the idiots kinda started to try to fight, but is shooting them the way out (Theres surveillance video, it was hardly a threatening near-fight, just guys talking trash). I think that guy pled defense and might have won. It was pretty controversial.

I just think cases like that would rise.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

metallex78 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And I respect that opinion. It’s not absent or foreign to a large segment of the American population either. But I grew up with firearms. I’ve used them in an armed profession. It’s a tool to me. I treat it with the same caution I would a chain saw.

A gun isn’t something I’d absentmindedly forget. I had moments where I’d wake up in momentary terror unsure where my weapon was at least a year after coming home from Iraq. Not because of ptsd or fear, but accountability and control of that M4 was so ingrained and central to my being, that temporary realization I didn’t have accountability invoked true terror until I realized I didn’t have that weapon any more.

When I took it to the movies, it was concealed. No other human than me knew it was there. It was legal. And in the incredibly unlikely event someone bad tried to do something horrible, I may have been able to defend myself and maybe others.

I wish we lived in a world where crazy people didn’t occasionally shoot up a public place, blow themselves up, drive a car into a crowd, rape, murder, rob, and assault each other. But we don’t. So I selectively and peacefully exercise a right I as an American have.

If you didn’t have that exposure and respect for a gun, I wouldn’t want you carrying a loaded gun either. Anymore than I’d want you operating a chainsaw around me if you’d never operated one before.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And I respect that opinion. It’s not absent or foreign to a large segment of the American population either. But I grew up with firearms. I’ve used them in an armed profession. It’s a tool to me. I treat it with the same caution I would a chain saw.

I see what you're saying.

But in Australia - it would kinda be like taking that chainsaw to the movies just incase a tree happens to fall on the cinema.

It's vaguely possible some scenario would arise where having a chainsaw on hand would be invaluable and save you from disaster. But such a thing is so damn unlikely over here that the freak chance of needing it would not justify the pure weirdness of having one with you on social outings.

Heaps of stuff I love about the USA, but damn, if you guys are arming up just to go to the movies, you should consider moving down here...such a thing would be literally absurdist here.

ashhole.jpg

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Looks like Rick Gates is flipping now too. Must be some really good shit, because Mueller has given him a pretty sweet deal.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ken Starr doesn't think they have anything on Trump in regards to collusion. That this is all geared on Manafort and the Russian St. Petersburg (FL) ring. I think the Kushner thing will be bigger.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I see what you're saying.

But in Australia - it would kinda be like taking that chainsaw to the movies just incase a tree happens to fall on the cinema.

It's vaguely possible some scenario would arise where having a chainsaw on hand would be invaluable and save you from disaster. But such a thing is so damn unlikely over here that the freak chance of needing it would not justify the pure weirdness of having one with you on social outings.

Heaps of stuff I love about the USA, but damn, if you guys are arming up just to go to the movies, you should consider moving down here...such a thing would be literally absurdist here.

https://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/ … shhole.jpg

I laughed.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Ken Starr doesn't think they have anything on Trump in regards to collusion. That this is all geared on Manafort and the Russian St. Petersburg (FL) ring. I think the Kushner thing will be bigger.

What did Kushner allegedly do?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Lmao, Trump lashing out at Sessions....what a fuktard.

Board footer