You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: GNR soundchecks Slither

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Awesome that they put it in the setlist. Axl sounds bad, lethargic. You'd think he'd be pretty amped up covering it for the very first time. Haven't they been off for 6 months or so?  Had plenty of time to prepare & nail it.

Makes me realize Scott was a great & inspired live singer.

I was at that show! Awesome performance, plus I got to see Pink Floyd reunited. Though VR were a little out of place in a line-up that included Snoop Dogg, Madonna and Mariah Carey: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_8_concert,_London

elevendayempire

Here's another angle:

I don't think it's bad, actually. Axl's just putting a different spin on it, so it sounds a bit jarring if you're used to Weiland (or Myles imitating Weiland).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice!!

Pretty tame song for Axl to sing tho...not used to hearing him stay within such a small vocal range lol

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Sucks, sorry.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I thought it was cool, and it was good.

Good job Axl.

1st time playing it live, so I mean cut the band some slack.

Vocals can only get better.

Just release some god damn new music already.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think Matt is a little butthurt:
https://www.facebook.com/mattwsorum/pos … 5203408852

Matt Sorum
38 mins ·
Slither by Velvet Revolver
David Letterman
https://youtu.be/G_TRMyIC2HU

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Pretty crappy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

here we are with a break and it's worse again.

Historically Axl's always struggled after a break. Seems like it takes his voice a while to warm up,

Generally I agree - that's been the historical trend.

My issue though is that basically the whole of the 2017 GNR leg (post Ac/Dc) Axl's voice sounded shot.

The excuse presented then was overuse.

So I dunno. It's kinda like the first half of the tour we're going to present it as not warmed up, then the second half of the tour it's burnout!

I'm not trying to be a dick - i'm just saying - generally his vocals have been mickey since 2011 now - the start of 2016 was great - but he was in the chair - and then there were a few sold shows standing - in particular houston 2016. Then he screamed the house down with Ac/Dc. Then 2017 Axl was a return of 2012 style mickey Axl except now when he went for the occasional scream his voice was cracking and breaking.

We put it down to over use. Now he's back and it's weak again and it's from underuse.

I'm starting to think he's just really hurt his voice badly.

elevendayempire

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

here we are with a break and it's worse again.

Historically Axl's always struggled after a break. Seems like it takes his voice a while to warm up,

Generally I agree - that's been the historical trend.

My issue though is that basically the whole of the 2017 GNR leg (post Ac/Dc) Axl's voice sounded shot.

The excuse presented then was overuse.

So I dunno. It's kinda like the first half of the tour we're going to present it as not warmed up, then the second half of the tour it's burnout!

I'm not trying to be a dick - i'm just saying - generally his vocals have been mickey since 2011 now - the start of 2016 was great - but he was in the chair - and then there were a few sold shows standing - in particular houston 2016. Then he screamed the house down with Ac/Dc. Then 2017 Axl was a return of 2012 style mickey Axl except now when he went for the occasional scream his voice was cracking and breaking.

We put it down to over use. Now he's back and it's weak again and it's from underuse.

I'm starting to think he's just really hurt his voice badly.

Maybe he just needs to read this: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/a … eir-voices

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I was disappointed. I think Fall to Pieces would be a much better song for Axl.

Board footer