You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 1

Rex wrote:
James wrote:

That's cool, but someone should draw a pic of Axl choking out Ezrin or something and use that 16

GnRMex2002
 Rep: 0 

GnRMex2002 wrote:

Please send the leak pm

AtariLegend wrote:

For those that skipped this one, thinking you've already heard these tracks:

These aren't demos, they're finished songs with professional mixes and great sound quality from the year 2000.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

For those that skipped this one, thinking you've already heard these tracks:

These aren't demos, they're finished songs with professional mixes and great sound quality from the year 2000.

I'm looking forward to disc 2 because disc 3 had great sound quality too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

2000 Intentions

CD & sibling

In late August, Kerrang Magazine suggests for a name for the album.

"Sources even suggested that the album already had a title - possibly ‘Cockroach soup’ or, more realistically, ‘2000 intentions’." (Kerrang, 08/21/99)

Doug Goldstein] verifies that the new GN'R studio album, due out sometime next year, will be called Chinese Democracy. He adds that the title has been a done deal for at least six weeks." (Allstarmag, 11/09/99)

Guns N' Roses are preparing to end their lengthy silence, as they finish up work on two new studio albums, both of which are being produced by Sean Beavan and expected to be released simultaneously in October. The two, as yet untitled, albums feature the new line-up of vocalist Axl Rose, guitarists Robin Finck and Paul Huge, keyboard player Dizzy Reed, drummer Josh Freese and bassist Tommy Stinson. One source close to the band describes the new material as being, "Cleaner and fatter, but completely Guns N' Roses. Despite the rumours, there's no hint of any techno or industrial influences." (Metal Hammer, 08/14/99)

Axl expects to get] another record out of the hours and hours of material he's committed to tape, possibly one that's even more industrial and electronica-influence than Chinese Democracy."

Going in Circles

Following the completion of Oh My God, Josh Freese and Billy Howerdel now found themselves with some spare time from the rigorous working schedules.

"Mr. Rose's visits to the studio had become so irregular, according to several executives and musicians involved with the band, that an engineer working with him, Billy Howerdel, and the band's drummer, Josh Freese, found time during that period to start their own project, the band A Perfect Circle, and to begin recording an album, 'Mer de Noms,' which went on to sell 1.7 million copies." (New York Times, 03/06/05)

"'We'd used to just get together once in while and just record on a weekend," said Freese. [...] 'Then it became more of a consistent thing [from September/October '99 onwards].'" (Josh Freese, knac.com, 03/28/00)

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

maybe something similar to this? http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=14944

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I always mean to ask this:  But should have they used another track instead of Oh My God on that 99 soundtrack for End Of Days.  And which track would you pick to replace it?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
zombux wrote:

How did no one pick up on PRL 16-17 years ago?

I always mean to ask this:  But should have they used another track instead of Oh My God on that 99 soundtrack for End Of Days.  And which track would you pick to replace it?

That's tough.

Fuck it...the title track. He was promoting it at that point. Give the world a real taste.

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

slashsfro wrote:

Either Chinese or State of Grace

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

is it possible that the mentioned "trilogy" was planned around this time and Rough Mixes CD#1, #2 and #3 were the drafts for it?

Board footer